Balance Block now available!

-Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Hi,

It's been a while since I released my last game... Now I just released my latest game Balance Block. A simple game where you have to keep the block balanced and collect the coins in 3 different game modes. It's free so why don't give it a try?

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/balance-block/id1133951762?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timolapre.balanceblock
Amazon: Coming soon!

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/balance-block/id1133951762?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timolapre.balanceblock
Amazon: Coming soon!

Reviews and feedback are highly appreciated! :)

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I cant understand the game no matter where i touch right or left the block falls ,but it still looks like a good game i just dont know how to play it lol :)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited August 2016

I get it but yeah it's hard. Have to play a few times to get the feel.

Ok. I've played 20 times and can't last more than 3 seconds........

I do like design and colour choices.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Interesting idea! Best of luck!

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

@Icebox @Toque @Braydon_SFX thanks for the feedback!
    There is a tutorial (button in right down corner) if you don't understand it.
    The game is actually not that hard once you understand how it works. Still a lot of people saying its impossible so I will update it with decreased difficulty.

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

looking awesome man

Looks great!!!
    Developer bias. I was hoping others could try and give oppinion on difficulty. I'm just one player. I like easy start and ramp up difficulty.

The game is actually not that hard once you understand how it works. Still a lot of people saying its impossible so I will update it with decreased difficulty.

I understand completely how it works. It's still impossible in my hands. Either you have developer bias or I'm useless. Played again. Watched demo. Still get no where. I might just be incompetent.

Could a few more people play and give feedback on difficulty?

Thanks.

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72

Good game but a little too tough :|

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

Yeah the concept is really nice but it is very difficult

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2016

To be honest I like the black background shapes but I dont like the idea of the gameplay in relation to this shape.
    I wonder whats the relation of spiky background elements to this hollow square which you seemingly have to balance. I wonder why a Square?

@BigDave said:
    To be honest I like the black background shapes but I dont like the idea of the gameplay in relation to this shape.
    I wonder whats the relation of spiky background elements to this hollow square which you seemingly have to balance. I wonder why a Square?

Shapes concept. It's a square. A square is a shap so it makes sense to me. Lots of square games so it's familiar. But I can't really play it long enough to say it works or not.

I can't think of a better alternative at the moment A drunk guy holding a mug. Back and forth........back and forth.......

edited August 2016

Thanks all! Android is already updated with decreased difficulty. IOS is still waiting for review but should be out soon. I will keep you updated so please keep the app for now and try again once update is released :p

@BigDave said:

I started with the square and had a complete different background which I wasnt satisfied with. I tried a few different background and liked this one most. Its all simple shapes and the best I can do with my very limited art skills.
    Now I am kinda curious, what would you have chosen to balance?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

It's probably not a good idea to have so many ads pop up when the player is still trying get to grips with the game, like others have said I also couldn't quite get the hang of it . . Also after fail > ad > fail > ad > fail > full screen ad > fail > ad . . . etc . . . . I think a lot of players will be tempted delete it and move on to the next game, I'd probably introduce the ads much later on, once you've won people over rather than bombarding them with ads during those typically frustrating first attempts.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2016

hi @timolapre1998

sry if this first comment came across to harsh I really just try to be honest and I also want to see everyones success here. Its just this community is super supportive sometimes a bit too much and I think people/including myself learn more from some direct honest feedback.

Upfront: I only saw the trailer but this is what is communicated to me.

Geometric shapes have been used plenty times in the app store by now. The most successful are playing with their basic properties, amount of sides, amount of corners.

Yours kind of semi does it, it plays with the shape but it could also be other shapes.
    So there is never a full rotation required or wanted?

The square moves on a rail in front of spiky backgrounds.
    It reminds me to some kind of mine cart / mountain transport. But there is nothing that denies or supports that theory.

Then the question why is the square hollow? Is it relevant for the gameplay or not?
    This small squares I collect what are they why do i want them?

I think this idea looks a lot like something that should not be presented with abstract visuals.
    It looks like a traveling container that goes through some mountain pulling levers opening doors and avoid traps/ natural threatening objects.

I think what kind of messes me is exactly that its something in-between.
    Its not totally abstract gameplay mechanics put together with simple geometric objects that support or are the base for the gameplay and its not totally something relate able from the real world/metaphorical layer with an emulating mechanic neither. Its in-between.
    That gives me an odd taste when I look at it, its as you weren't 100% sure what It should be. And I think the key is that you know what you wanna say and align every component to it. Maybe no one wants to hear / play it but atleast you are clear in the execution of a message/game. Its easier pointing this out than doing this oneself tough..

Thats just my opinion maybe its just me but I rather give it true to you. And being critical with your work also helps me because I walk into the same traps. I wish you the best of luck with it because I really wanna see you get the success you deserve!

@Socks said:
    It's probably not a good idea to have so many ads pop up when the player is still trying get to grips with the game, like others have said I also couldn't quite get the hang of it . . Also after fail > ad > fail > ad > fail > full screen ad > fail > ad . . . etc . . . . I think a lot of players will be tempted delete it and move on to the next game, I'd probably introduce the ads much later on, once you've won people over rather than bombarding them with ads during those typically frustrating first attempts.

An ad should pop up after every 5th fail. There is also a continue button which is a rewarded video ad. You sure you aren't clicking on this after every fail? It's still a good tip though so thanks for that! Appreaciate the honesty.

@BigDave
    I never actually thought about that. I just added the things I thought looked nice and fits the game. You are saying it needs some unspoken backstory which is the indirect goal of the game like your example about the minecart? Collect the gold and bring it somewhere etc. The useless collecting of yellow squares are a bit too simple? I actually wanted to make a simple game with simple geometric objects which eventually (probaly because of the background?) became a bit more than that which is the 'inbetween' game style you are mentioning.
    I will give it a thought and see if it's worth to give an update depending on the amount of downloads. Really appreciate your honest feedback. Supportive comments are always nice but I might even prefer the honest feedback and tips because it means people really looked at it, are really interested in it and want to help improve the game. Thanks again!

Update has been released for IOS. It should now be even easier ;)