sick and tired of iOS app publishing review

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

I kept resubmitting, and the kept giving me this:

Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission. Upon further review we have found the following issue remains unresolved:

Performance - 2.1

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 9.3.5 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, no action occurred when we tapped on the ‘Buy Now!’ button when we tried to purchase your app’s In-App Purchase product.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Launch your app
  2. Tap on the ‘PLAY!’ button
  3. Tap on the ‘Buy Now!’ button

We've attached a screenshot for your reference.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
  • screenshots
  • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
  • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

Best regards,

App Store Review

Anybody else facing this problem? I've tested an adhoc of my game over and over again using wifi but there is no problems that was described.

Comments

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

do you have responsive buttons for IAPs? When you click them they have to show that something is happening ie processing...purchased etc. Some apps go through without this but Apple is finicky and generally wants feedback regarding IAPs.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Basically they are saying your IAP doesn't work (or respond) when pressed. Many people forget to use the callback attributes to control the process. Using these will allow you to dim the button or display a status of the purchase like "purchasing" or connecting" like @fmakawa has suggested above. Also placing the next action in a condition that relies on the callback is a safe way of implementing IAP. Failing to do so will result in users (and reviewers) thinking that its not responding whereas its actually just taking time to carry out.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

If you use the basic method of IAP, this can happen. Apple's testing environment is very slow. This is why I made my template with responsive buttons - if a button says "Please wait", that satisfies Apple.

That said, most people find that resubmitting will be enough. It's very possible that your IAPs work, and the reviewer just isn't waiting long enough for a response. If you tested the buttons and are confident they do work, just resubmit. I've not heard of any cases where the second submission failed (assuming actually functioning IAP).

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Thanks guys. Will resubmit for the 3rd time.

• slinky1988slinky1988 Member, PRO Posts: 89

@izam is there any update to this? I'm also having the same problem right now. Re submitted 3x and even sent screenshots of it working on my side. Please let me know

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

@slinky1988 said:
    @izam is there any update to this? I'm also having the same problem right now. Re submitted 3x and even sent screenshots of it working on my side. Please let me know

I didn't submit the third time. I just sent them a message telling them "please wait for a while till the the in-app notification pops up". Yeah and it worked. I guess it was a different app reviewer that handled my app after reading my message. So they approved it.

Those people reviewing the apps have got no time to waste waiting on for this kind of thing and just classify it as broken. So most likely they got crappy wifi connection and then blame it on your app. Great job apple reviewers.

• slinky1988slinky1988 Member, PRO Posts: 89

@izam I see, thanks for the quick response. I'm just so confused because I've replied to them in the same way and even sent screen shots of it working and still get rejected. I'm going to try again with a completely new coded IAP, hope it works this time.