Upcoming Game #2!

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello Community,

As I wait for beta testing and among other things for "Upcoming Game #1". I though I would share some insight into #2.
My aim is to make a complete, stylish game in about 10 days, with the hopes of having a release once a month.

For now, I can not share gameplay footage (as it will be very easy to copy and I want to submit before I release). I am almost through the logic and soon will be working on improving the design. It will be a simple One Touch arcade game! (Not a board/grid game)

Doesn't look too much just yet, but we are only Day 2. I am actually excited to get this one finished.
More to come soon.

Thanks for your time,
Two.E

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Looking forward to this. You have raised my curiosity.
    From that screenshot I would guess something with waves, flow, rhythm

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@BigDave Glad to hear it,

Unfortunately, waves,flow,rhythm has nothing to do with this game. Although you just inspired what my fourth game will be about (Stay Tuned).

The game is almost finished, just a few changes and improvements to make. Which took just under 3 days. Just awaiting some sound to make it more lively. Then I should have a trailer ready.

The reason why I am working on such short deadlines is because I spend months working on games and get less than 500 downloads. The reason is that I lose interest and have to move on. So hopefully, the plan is to release around 5-10 games, and then continually update them to improve them over time. That way I only ever spend a week working on a project. I tend to work super fast trying to improve things as quick as I can. So far it seems to be a good strategy.

Thanks for the interest.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
    edited August 2016

@Two.E said:
    @BigDave Glad to hear

The reason why I am working on such short deadlines is because I spend months working on games and get less than 500 downloads. The reason is that I lose interest and have to move on. So hopefully, the plan is to release around 5-10 games, and then continually update them to improve them over time. That way I only ever spend a week working on a project. I tend to work super fast trying to improve things as quick as I can. So far it seems to be a good strategy.

Thanks for the interest.

Same here :)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2016

y did this over 1.5 years

first game 3-4 months
    second game 3-4 months
    Third game 2-3 days

around 45 games later

the fix time varies betwen

I raised dev. time again to.
    1.5 weeks to 2 monhts now

Quick games are not the best to monetize but the best to test the waters and see what works for you best what doesnt

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I like the design.
    Working on a game for 3 months and get 50 downloads is demoralizing.

Working on a game for 3 weeks and get 50 downloads is easier to accept.