Menu system...

TheWildShroomTheWildShroom Member, PRO Posts: 17

I thought this would be simple. I have World Menus and Levels within each world. Of course to start, only World 1, Level 1 is playable. I have a lock image over Worlds and Levels. My thought was, create a rule so that the lock image covers the Worlds and Levels so the image underneath cannot be 'touched/clicked'. At the end of each level, remove the lock image and at the end of a Worlds last level, remove the lock from the next World. This is proving more difficult than I thought. I don't see pre-built rules I can use to do this. Am I missing something?

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

It's not a built in function or behavior but there are lots of tutorials for un-locking levels online I'm sure. A Google search turns up lots of options:

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=gamesalad unlock levels

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited August 2016

@TheWildShroom said:
    At the end of each level, remove the lock image and at the end of a Worlds last level, remove the lock from the next World. This is proving more difficult than I thought. I don't see pre-built rules I can use to do this. Am I missing something?

Create a table call it (TB_Levels), the rows will be (number of levels), and you only need 1 column , make it a boolean.

So if you had 30 levels , create 30 rows.

In your level select actor

create an integer attribute , call it levelID , give each level select actor a levelID number , level 1 will have self.levelID set to 1 , level 2 will be 2 etc..

Create this rule in your level select actor

if numeric expression tablecellvalue(game.TB_levels,self.levelID,1) = 1 (true)
    (((inside create another rule ( if touch is pressed change scene to level scene)))
    remove the lock image
    otherwise
    change image to lock image

In your world actor , depends on how many levels you have you can put a condition , if each world has 10 levels for example you can have this condition inside the world actor

if numeric expression tablecellvalue(game.TB_levels,11,1) = 1 ( true) ( this condition means if level 11 on the table becomes true)
    remove lock image
    otherwise
    change image to lock image

Now you just need a level complete actor that will change each row to true and save table.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Here is 1 way to do it, demo attached