When X increases by 1?

3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

I want my rule to happen every time the value of X increases by 1
without creating another attribute
because I have like 10 'X' variables in my case.

Comments

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Basically what I need is for when a LVL UP happens the "LVL UP" sign appears

I have about 10 stats that LVL UP during gameplay
    When a change happens to any one of these stats (lvl up) I want the "LVL UP" sign to show
    I don't need the logic for LVL UP appearing as I've already done that
    what I need is the trigger that makes it appears(the change in the stat lvl value)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@abuabed84 said:
    Basically what I need is for when a LVL UP happens the "LVL UP" sign appears

What triggers the level (?) going up ?

What triggers the level (?) going up ?

Yes, there will not ever be going down
    levelling up only increases in this case

For example
    ATK 1
    AGL 1
    INT 1

every time one of these increases by 1 point the rule is triggered

In reality i have about 10 values.
    I can't seem to create a rule without either adding new attributes or creating a new table that compares the values before and after levelling up.

I'm trying to avoid creating a new table

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited August 2016

@abuabed84 said:
    everytime one of these increases by 1 point the rule is triggered

or
    trigger the rule after it increases by 1 point

its the same result i think , so when you do the x to x+1 , trigger the rule you want as well

for example

{ if game.exp > 1000
    change attribute AGL to AGL +1
    change attribute ATK to ATK +1
    change attribute INT to INT + 1
    (lvl up sign)
    }

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited August 2016

@Icebox @Socks

@abuabed84 wants the rule condition to be when AGL increases by 1 or when ATK increases by 1 or when INT increases by 1 or when...[similar attributes increase by 1]

My question would be: how are you increasing those attributes? Why can't you add the level up sign rules to the rules that increase those attributes by one?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

My question would be: how are you increasing those attributes? Why can't you add the level up sign rules to the rules that increase those attributes by one?

Excellent observation.
    I'll see what I can come up with using this method.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@tatiang said:

That was exactly my first thought too (hence my question: 'What triggers the level (?) going up ?')

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@Socks said:

@tatiang said:

That was exactly my first thought too (hence my question: 'What triggers the level (?) going up ?')

@Socks I think the confusion -- at least for me -- was that the thing that triggers the level going up IS the change in attribute value for ATK, etc. Whereas the attribute value(s) changing must have a trigger... :p

Typically in an RPG, when the player's experience points reach a certain value, the player's level increases by 1 and then the player's stats increase by some value. This is a bit reversed in that the level increases when/if the stats have increased.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Typically in an RPG, when the player's experience points reach a certain value, the player's level increases by 1 and then the player's stats increase by some value. This is a bit reversed in that the level increases when/if the stats have increased.

I have 2 kinds of levelling up in my game.
    Player LVL up @ EXP > Next.Exp --> Exp resets to Zero and Next.Exp increases by x1.5
    Stats LVL up occur when certain items are acquired in the game.

I could attach the appearance of the LVL UP sign to show when EXP>Next.Exp and when the items are acquired.
    I'll see how it goes.