pause the animation..

smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

When i'm using the animate behaviour, is there a way to pause the animation. Remaining on the frame thats its presently on..

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Did you try ticking off "Restore actor image when done " and then stopping the animate behavior ? is this what you mean or something else ?

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

I decided to animate it by hand. Constraining the image to the file name + an integer (a timer increased integer).

Then i could stop the integer from increasing when the actor is being touched...

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited September 2016

@smurfted said:
    I decided to animate it by hand. Constraining the image to the file name + an integer (a timer increased integer).

Then i could stop the integer from increasing when the actor is being touched...

Another method I use a lot is to use a small hidden (off-screen or invisible) 'clock', this 'clock' actor simply rotates - and the animation actor's image sequence is constrained to this actor's rotation, like this:

Constrain self.image to ”seq_name_”..floor(clock.rotation)%x

(x = length of image sequence loop)

So then if you set the clock to rotate at 60dps (degrees per second) your animation will play at 60fps, slow the clock to 22.4dps and your animation will do the same, stop the rotation altogether and the animation will pause, start the rotation up again and the animation will carry on from where it left off, change the direction of the rotation and the animation will play backwards . . . and so on.

Love it..

@smurfted said:
    Love it..

I made you a demo project, open the 'clock' actor's rules and then choose an animation behaviour (file attached):

Once again you shine as warrior amongst pupils..

@smurfted said:
    Once again you shine as warrior amongst pupils..

I do it for the children.