Has anyone here ever published to the windows store? Please help.

So I'm trying to publish my game in the windows mobile store, however I have ran into a couple of issues. So first of all, after following the publishing tutorial for cordova that's posted on here and signing my app, I tried to upload the .appx file to the store but I keep getting the following errors:

Invalid package identity name: com.BCGames.MeteorHunt (expected: 57271BCGames.MeteorHunt)

 Invalid package family name: com.BCGames.MeteorHunt_b*********** (expected: 57271BCGames.MeteorHunt_d************)

 Invalid package publisher name: CN=$username$ (expected: CN=E6******-06-41-BE**-4F*********)

(The * are just numbers and letters which I censored out as I'm not sure if they might be sensitive information)

However I'm not sure how to fix these errors. For starters, I'm not sure why the store expects the ID bundle "57271BCGames.MeteorHunt" because that is not the ID bundle I used when I created my package, I used com.BCGames.MeteorHunt. I'm not even sure where it's getting the numbers "57271" from. I even tried changing my ID bundle to 57271BCGames.MeteorHunt to see if the error was fixed but it always gives me an error saying that is not a valid bundle ID. Why would windows expect my app to have a bundle ID which is not even valid??????

It's the same confusion with the other errors. I'm not sure why it says the publisher name is $username$ because when I created my keys I stated that my company name was "BCGames". Plus I don't even know why it expects the CN to be that long string of numbers.

To top it all off, after running my game in my computer, it runs terribly. There are so many bugs that the game just doesn't run properly, but none of these errors happened when I published to android or iOS. The game runs smoothly in both android, iOS and in the gamesalad previewer, however for some reason when I test the game that's installed in my computer after creating it with cordova it doesn't run well, many things just simply don't work. Could it be that the way that gamesalad turns my project into an html 5 file is ruining the functionality of my game? Or should it run better in mobile after it has been published in the windows store? Has anyone ever published to windows and had the same issues? I don't want to give up on publishing in windows because I already paid for my microsoft developer account and I'm pretty sure there is no refunds.

Comments

• bernardo.chuecosbernardo.chuecos Member, PRO Posts: 75

I'm just now noticing that there isn't even a section in this forum for publishing to windows. Has gamesalad completely forgotten about windows?????

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

It's gone.

• they probably should update their website, kinda making false promises to customers

Wait.... are you guys saying it's not supported anymore?????? Then why do they say it is???? Why do they have a tutorial in their publishing tutorials if it's not supported anymore??????? This IS false advertising AND I ALREADY PAID MICROSOFT FOR MY DEVELOPER ACCOUNT

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

It is supported. All it ever was, was a wrapped html5 game. Now you have to publish an html5 game and wrap it using Cordova or one of the many other wrappers and publish that way. I used the old method for 15 releases on the windows store. This gives you more control... But in my experience it's not worth it. The store wasn't worth the effort.

Isn't it only $25 membership?

@jonmulcahy said:
    It is supported. All it ever was, was a wrapped html5 game. Now you have to publish an html5 game and wrap it using Cordova or one of the many other wrappers and publish that way. I used the old method for 15 releases on the windows store. This gives you more control... But in my experience it's not worth it. The store wasn't worth the effort.

Isn't it only $25 membership?

did it ever give you that invalid package identity error? Also did your games run better in mobile once you published them?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

windows phone was never supported, only desktops. HTML5 will allow you to publish to the phone though. Performance, I'm not sure about.

the error messages are telling you that what you configured in cordova (or whatever you use) does not match what you have in your account.

@jonmulcahy said:
    windows phone was never supported, only desktops. HTML5 will allow you to publish to the phone though. Performance, I'm not sure about.

the error messages are telling you that what you configured in cordova (or whatever you use) does not match what you have in your account.

How do I change the bundle ID in my account though? I never even set that up why is that in my account like that? It's in a format that's not even valid