Retro Snippets Challenge! - Free retrogaming puzzle / trivia game with a difference... :D

Hi guys! - My FREE Retro Snippets Challenge puzzle/trivia game has finally been RELEASED after fixing a couple of final bugs, tweaking the menu flow, etc...

If you love your retrogaming, and think you know it off by heart, grab it and test your retro knowledge! 1,800 'challenges' to guess, set across 20 categories, each up to 28 sets, and each with 5 Challenges randomly snipped and jumbled up - a MASSIVE challenge getting all of the GOLD awards, if you're up for it... :)

Latest fixed and improved Android version (1.0.8) has just passed approval and is LIVE, and the latest update for iOS is currently awaiting approval, and should be available in a few days, fingers crossed! :D

PS - The iOS version IS currently available, but just a minor revision behind until Apple approve the update! :D :-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.japsterscavern.retrosnippets

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/retro-snippets-challenge!/id1114222824?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

Wow! - the deafening sound of silence...

....Well, I'm glad someone at least someone thinks it's awesome... Thank you, to whoever that was! :p

PS - Is everyone THAT jaded by puzzle games? - No-one else even going to try it out? :( - or is the subject matter not interesting to anyone? - Any advice or feedback would honestly be appreciated!

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Downloading now. Canada is just waking up.

edited September 2016

@Toque said:
    Downloading now. Canada is just waking up.

Thanks @Toque ! - really appreciated mate, cheers... :smile:

PS - Guys? - The iOS version is now live at version 1.0.8 too - Apple have approved it... :smile:

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

Just downloaded @Japster. Wow, huge amount of content! And it is hard, for me at least, but the help system makes it fun and fair.

Nice presentation!

edited September 2016

@Hopscotch said:
    Just downloaded @Japster. Wow, huge amount of content! And it is hard, for me at least, but the help system makes it fun and fair.

Nice presentation!

Thanks @Hopscotch ! - That means a LOT to me... :smiley:

I put as many puzzles in, as I could find the will to add! - some game names, etc, are re-used across categories, if they fitted more than one category (ie. Arcade Conversion and say, also on the Amiga), but still 1,800 unique ones in there! :smiley:

I take it you found that the 'tap to cycle' (No time penalty for this, and it's needed! - ie. it's not cheating, or getting unfair help... :smiley: ) and 'hold to reveal' (Which IS extra help, hence the time penalty... :wink: ) make life a little easier?

...and the 'swipe' functionality REALLY helps cut down round time on a slightly emptier board, if you can take advantage of it! - any use of the swipe method can save a precious few seconds if you get a great laid-out board! :smile:

I spent a lot of time trying to sort out the flexible control method, gfx and presentation, so cheers for the kind words, and HUGE thanks for trying it and commenting mate... :smiley:

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Haha tough questions or I'm not very smart.

@Toque said:
    Haha tough questions or I'm not very smart.

Sorry! - depends on how old an era you're from @Toque ! - I'm a dinosaur from the UK, so lots of quirky UK 8-Bit and 16-Bit computer games tucked away in there!

PS - Even I struggle to hit 3 stars / beat the gold time, until I get au fait with the questions and answers in some Challenges, and I wrote them! ;)

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited October 2016

@Japster I freaking love this game. The questions are fun and answering them with the partial letter groups is a great way to do it.

I was stuck and I'm not proud of it but I tried to cheat with 'pause' :blush: Good thing you made that screen opaque :lol:

I like the hints and retro sound fx too

Very neat puzzle game that is easy to pick up any time. A+

edited October 2016

@RowdyPants said:
    @Japster I freaking love this game. The questions are fun and answering them with the partial letter groups is a great way to do it.

I was stuck and I'm not proud of it but I tried to cheat with 'pause' :blush: Good thing you made that screen opaque :lol:

I like the hints and retro sound fx too

Very neat puzzle game that is easy to pick up any time. A+

Fantastic @Rowdy ! - Thanks so much for the kind words, and taking the time to feed back on it - and really glad that you're having fun!

Heh heh! - PAUSE screen, yep, I guessed it needed sorting to deter precisely that, so thanks for 'testing' it! ha ha!... :wink: ...I also grabbed a Nintendo PAUSE type effect, complete with rising PAUSE (A'la Gameboy games etc), figured it'd add to the nostalgia, and including the REVEAL function (Holding a clue down for longer than about 2-3 seconds) 'secret' type sound effect, for added nostalgia warm feelings! :smile:

Seriously, loving the fact that some of you guys are having fun with this! ...and anyone else, please, if you have time, feed back if you're enjoying it and haven't responded! :smiley:

Den / Japster