Previewing question

So I have a question about previewing my game in GameSalad, you know, the little green play button that you click.
So I have been playing around with the Save and Load Attribute behaviors, and it appears when I hit the reset button, the persistent key works (sorry if I spelt that wrong). However, if I completely exit the preview player and enter into it again, the key is gone.
So my question is, when you restart the preview player (like actually close it an open it), does it wipe out all information + keys and start out from default?
I'm just making sure I've got my code right and stuff

Screenshots:

Reset button (look for the word "JUGG" at the bottom (means the key worked in this case) ):
Before:

After:

Close and open preview player:
Before:

After:

Anyone know? I'm just curious

Comments

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2016

What you've said is correct. Pressing the reset button will load and save the attributes correctly but coming out of preview completely and back to your project set up will wipe save attributes and tables. On a device this won't happen. If you've got it working with the reset button being pressed then your project is set up correctly.

When using the GameSalad Viewer on your device you will find that the attributes and tables will save and load correctly each time, even when you've closed the viewer app. You only lose the attributes and tables on the viewer when you delete the app from the viewer.

• SA_FNAFCoderSA_FNAFCoder Member, PRO Posts: 47

@KevinCross said:
    What you've said is correct. Pressing the reset button will load and save the attributes correctly but coming out of preview completely and back to your project set up will wipe save attributes and tables. On a device this won't happen. If you've got it working with the reset button being pressed then your project is set up correctly.

When using the GameSalad Viewer on your device you will find that the attributes and tables will save and load correctly each time, even when you've closed the viewer app. You only lose the attributes and tables on the viewer when you delete the app from the viewer.

Thanks!
    If you'd like you can be a beta tester for my game here, just send me your GameJolt username if you want me to and you're all set! I'll just send you a link.