No Scores in GC?

Games4lifeGames4life Member, PRO Posts: 279

Why does it say No Scores every time I click on the leaderboard button in my app on test flight?

Here is my coding for the button:

I click on the button, it shows the leaderboard, but says No scores...

Thanks for your help,
~G4L

Comments

• greywolfxgreywolfx Member, PRO Posts: 24

Go to your apple acct. go to features and then go to game center. press "more.." on the right next to leaderboards. press delete test data. hope that helps.

• Games4lifeGames4life Member, PRO Posts: 279

@greywolfx said:
    Go to your apple acct. go to features and then go to game center. press "more.." on the right next to leaderboards. press delete test data. hope that helps.

I clicked that, now what?

it should work. if not there is another issue. possibly where you placed that button with regard to when the the attribute saves to the table. hopefully its working though.

@greywolfx said:
    it should work. if not there is another issue. possibly where you placed that button with regard to when the the attribute saves to the table. hopefully its working though.

I tried that and tested it on test flight, but still nothing. Is there anything else?
    Thanks for your suggestions so far!
    ~G4L

Lets start from the end of the game... Game ends...put a rule in best score to reflect that when the game ends save bestscore to a table. then in ur button.. no matter where or when it is pressed... when press is released... do...change attribute- set game.bestscore to tablecell value of table-x row 1 col 1,....then say post score (bestscore) to leaderboard...show leaderboards. that should do it :)

@greywolfx said:
    Lets start from the end of the game... Game ends...put a rule in best score to reflect that when the game ends save bestscore to a table. then in ur button.. no matter where or when it is pressed... when press is released... do...change attribute- set game.bestscore to tablecell value of table-x row 1 col 1,....then say post score (bestscore) to leaderboard...show leaderboards. that should do it :)

Create a whole new table?

no. i mean for x to represent whatever you named the table that bestscore is saved to.

@greywolfx said:
    no. i mean for x to represent whatever you named the table that bestscore is saved to.

@greywolfx said:

I did not save the bestscore to any table... Was I supposed to?

yes. always work with a table for topscore tracking/recording. check out dave the gurus tutorials with GameSalad and tshirt booth guy from GS helper has good videos too. i learned everthing i know from utube videos. Add that table to save bestscore at the end of every game and then in ur button... when press is released...add a change attribute and set game.bestscore to tablecell value of table-x row 1 col 1,....then say post score (bestscore) to leaderboard... then -> show leaderboards. it should work. Also make sure ur signed in to GC when u look at the leaderboards and clear your test data if not working. these additional steps are good to take before tearing apart ur game to find a problem that may not even exist in ur programming at all. in your case, definately use a table.

@greywolfx said:
    yes. always work with a table for topscore tracking/recording. check out dave the gurus tutorials with GameSalad and tshirt booth guy from GS helper has good videos too. i learned everthing i know from utube videos. Add that table to save bestscore at the end of every game and then in ur button... when press is released...add a change attribute and set game.bestscore to tablecell value of table-x row 1 col 1,....then say post score (bestscore) to leaderboard... then -> show leaderboards. it should work. Also make sure ur signed in to GC when u look at the leaderboards and clear your test data if not working. these additional steps are good to take before tearing apart ur game to find a problem that may not even exist in ur programming at all. in your case, definately use a table.

Awesome, thanks I will check it out.
    ~G4L