Running and jumping at the same time difficulties...

jdriebmanjdriebman GletnerGamesMember, BASIC Posts: 5

I've searched through the depths of the forum looking for a solution because I've noticed there are others who seem to have the same problem. I have tried to follow what others have said but I just can't seem to find the part I am missing that makes it work!

I'm probably missing something obvious, so please bear with me, but can someone walk me through how to have your character be able to jump and run simultaneously. I'm using touch buttons and my jump works fine, and my run will work just as good. However, I go barely an inch off of the ground when I attempt to do both at the same time. While on the topic, when I jump and proceed to hold down the right or left button, my character floats slowly towards the ground. Do I have to alter the gravity or something along those lines? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could enlighten me lol :smile:
Thanks!

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Some screenshots of your rules would help a lot!

How are you moving the actor right now? Are you using the move behavior to do that?

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72

Use:
    change acceleration for gravity
    change velocity for moving forward(running)
    change linear velocity for jump

not 100% sure it will work but worth a try.

• jdriebmanjdriebman GletnerGames Member, BASIC Posts: 5
    edited September 2016

@WhitePanther said:
    Use:
    change acceleration for gravity
    change velocity for moving forward(running)
    change linear velocity for jump

not 100% sure it will work but worth a try.

I followed this and it worked so thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Thanks to both of you for your time!