behavior according to the position Y ?

as I tell my actor when their position is Y + rise aga ie a function that I want and as much as Y - bone to drop make another

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

That does not make any sense to me... Is that a question?

try to explain your problem in as much detail as you can.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• SoAGAMESSoAGAMES Member Posts: 81

@MentalDonkeyGames said:
    That does not make any sense to me... Is that a question?

try to explain your problem in as much detail as you can.

i mean , how to make a rule that whenever my actor has a downward direction generates an animation and when it goes up generate another,something as well as what makes barry in the game jetpack joyride

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If English is not your first language, you might want to include a drawing of what you need. You can upload images to file-sharing sites and then post or embed a link here.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited September 2016

@tatiang said:
    If English is not your first language, you might want to include a drawing of what you need. You can upload images to file-sharing sites and then post or embed a link here.

ok I explain better

my actor is moving as well as the of jetpack joride using this rule

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72

Just put the upward animation images inside the "do" and downward animation images inside the "else"

@WhitePanther said:
    Just put the upward animation images inside the "do" and downward animation images inside the "else"

but when the fire got actor should not appear

please just want to tell me that my actor has always a downward direction and generates an animation when climbing another is not something like a atriuto to say when the actor poscion 350 Y generate greater animation

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited September 2016

[merged two threads]

I think this is related to this thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/93246/animation-with-touch-pressed/p1.

To start an animation when the Y position of the actor is a certain value, you can use the Rule condition If attribute self.Position.Y ≥ 350...

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Hard to know exactly what you want. But you could also do animations based on self.motion.Liner Velocity.Y which will be a positive number with upward acceleration and negative with downward acceleration.

so

when self.motion.Liner Velocity.Y > 0 
    animate up
    otherwise
    animate down

Follow us: Twitter - Website