Lyfesaver is on the App Store!

Hi everyone,

I just released an app called Lyfesaver that I have been working really hard on for the whole summer. It is for help with problem solving. I was inspired by the Gamesalad forums, so I created my own forums! Good timing: right as school starts! I modeled the app in Gamesalad and then kept thinking of more and more ideas so I built it in Xcode. I wanted to share it with the community because I think it can also be a good place to ask questions and share knowledge. I would love all feedback! I am always inspired by different features and people on the forums, so please do share your honest feedback.

I can't post images but here are some screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ms3tdyph0gnvpgu/AACfxHZf3hbWTJOd4mgtLXT_a?dl=0

Here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lyfesaver/id1130157955?mt=8

Thanks!!!

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

That's a great idea. I hope it catches on.

Icon works great.

• So you can take picture and it will solve any equation or question?

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

@Toque said:
    That's a great idea. I hope it catches on.

Icon works great.

Thanks Dwayne! Always love your support!

@Terrellort_Gaming said:
    So you can take picture and it will solve any equation or question?

@Terrellort_Gaming I wish! It is meant to act like a homework forums, so people can learn outside of the classroom and be helped by anyone.

@Terrellort_Gaming said:

I think Leonard on Big Bang made that app already.

@Toque said:

@Terrellort_Gaming said:

I think Leonard on Big Bang made that app already.

Hahahaha! Favorite show!

Yeah mine too. Never miss it.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@zweg25 This app is amazing! Great idea and nice implementation. It's easy to sign up and ask or answer questions. UI is clean and navigation is straightforward. A+

@RowdyPants I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind feedback!

Now I just need to get people using it!

I just want to thank everyone who has joined the Lyfesaver community! We are slowly getting more questions every day. That being said, I would love to have more users be apart of the community to try and replicate a community as good as this one, so please, if you haven't checked it out, come try it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lyfesaver/id1130157955?mt=8

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Thanks @jamie_c. I have heard a lot of feedback about poor color and font choice. Does anybody have any suggestions? Would you recommend the Gamesalad off-white color and Arial font?

I don't mind the font. Certainly would not complain about it. Quite neutral.

If I put my gamesalad problems on there will they be solved?? Haha.

@Toque more color complaints. I used Google's color palette but I heard it is a turn off. I would definitely try and answer all your questions!

Another feature people are asking for is a website. That being said, I would like to try and make a simple version of the forums. Are there any suggestions about what people like or dislike about the forums?

edited October 2016

Forums are great! But will they be monitored? By who? In Canada there are now antibully internet laws. Will you be responsible for what's posted? Especially under legal age members. Just some things to think about...... I'm not a lawyer.

But it's a great idea.

Toque.

I liked the colours.......neutral.

@Toque said:

I do too. Who knows, may keep it.

@Toque said:
    Forums are great! But will they be monitored? By who? In Canada there are now antibully internet laws. Will you be responsible for what's posted? Especially under legal age members. Just some things to think about...... I'm not a lawyer.

This is true, as of now a couple of friends and I will monitor it. We do have a profanity filter in place, and check regularly to make sure activity is monitored. Just like on the forums here if we see spam we will just delete it.

@zweg25 said:

@Toque said:

I do too. Who knows, may keep it.

@Toque said:

This is true, as of now a couple of friends and I will monitor it. We do have a profanity filter in place, and check regularly to make sure activity is monitored. Just like on the forums here if we see spam we will just delete it.

Glad you thought it out. Well done.

Thanks. Still working on a website before we make an official announcement to the public. Hopefully it won't take too long