Choosing Android Platform?

So I see the option for some android devices in the 'platform' tab when creating a new project, however, I own a Galaxy S7 Edge and I don't see specific platforms for android phones, so my question is, how do i customize the 'platform' so that the screens fit my android mobile phone device?

Answers

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited October 2016

@SikkJewFro GS gives iDevices default scene sizes and camera sizes in points (instead of pixels). Points are half (or a third on new big devices i6+ and iPad). So, the Galaxy S7 Edge has a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 (in portrait). I would make your:

Scene > Size > Width = 720
    Scene > Size > Height = 1280

Camera > Size > Width = 720
    Camera > Size > Height = 1280

and when you add images make sure they're double the size of the actor they're in. So if you had a 32 x 32 actor you would put a 64 x 64 image in it.

I do notice the android device templates in GS have scene and camera sizes equal to their screen resolutions so if you're only building for the Galaxy S7 Edge I think you could also just make your scene and camera match the screen resolution of the device and then use 1x images (32 x 32 actor gets a 32 x 32 image to fill it)

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Search the forums for Universal Builds, I have several videos on the subject myself. There are ways to create one build that will cover all devices.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCISegV_8lk0IIQ2-xZ7o8Vg