Water Physics

How can I make an actor behave like water? I mean, just a certain amount of water affected by gravity and adaptive to any shape

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited October 2016

Lot's of little actors (think droplets of water) with physical interactions with each other and any other physics enabled actors. Probably will take some tweaking w/ bounciness, density, etc and to get it to feel fluid.

Be warned, performance could take a hit depending on how you want to use it/how many actors are used.

http://google.github.io/liquidfun/ is a nice representation about what im talking about. They even use the same (but modified) physics library as GS so it's reasonable to think you could make something similar.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

I can't find the project right now, but when custom collisions were first released I experimented briefly with water effects. It wasn't really possible before custom collisions, as your image had to be the size of the actor collision area so you would always see the "gaps" between each "drop". With custom collisions that can be avoided for some really cool effects.

I remember posting a couple of demo projects in one of the threads, so if you root through my post history you might find one. I'll have a more thorough look through my files when I get a chance.

• diegolaya_diegolaya_ Member Posts: 69

@AlchimiaStudios Thanks! But how can I make them have physical interactions?