Appstore rejection

Hi all.. I'm still trying to get my game up (it's taking me some time). My latest rejection is that when the player hits the "buy" button (for ads off), my "please wait" image appears but then it just stays there.. thus the player indeed waits... and waits. I've followed a tutorial by @Armeline and @The_Gamesalad_Guru – and I think I've combined them a bit now.

Anyone got an idea why? I've attached a screen grab below.

Comments

• FeathersFeathers Member Posts: 31

Did you try an ad-hoc test on a device?
    If it worked, maybe there is no problem with your code. I once got rejected for the same reason but the truth is that the Apple app crew members generally don't like waiting. I wrote "wait for a few seconds" in the reference box saying that it might take up to 10 seconds and my app got approved, so try doing this.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Actually I haven't tried this version on my device. I'll do an ad hoc first. Does my code look ok @Feathers ?

just tested it on my device and I'm getting the same result as Apple. I really should've done that before submitting it to them.. I am idiot, hear me sigh.

Does anyone see anything wrong with my code? I thought that it was the same as @Armeline. Though it does seem like there should be something that takes you somewhere from that point. His tutorial doesn't go anywhere when you click the buy button either.. am I missing something here?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited October 2016

Looking at the logic, you don't actually change the image back at any point. I'd expect to see considerably more logic for managing IAPs - I'm afraid this is not even close the same as mine. :D

From what I can see, all you're doing is filling the table, and then without checking the status of the table fill, you're triggering a purchase with a button press, while changing the image to "Please wait." Once the purchase is completed, you're recording the purchase. What you're not doing is:

• Checking if the table fill successfully - everything else won't work if this doesn't return a 1.
    • Changing the button image when the purchase completed - even if the purchase completes, you're still showing "Please wait."
    • Taking into account any issue with the purchase - what happens if it reverts to Unpurchased rather than moving on to Purchased?
    • Preventing the button from being pressed again after a purchase has completed (it looks like you're using a non-consumable item).

You don't need to "go anywhere" if you put the result in the button. In my tutorial it changes the button image and disables the button when a purchase is completed.

We'd need to see the full logic and see what happens when you run the game to be able to give real advice, though.

edited October 2016

Thanks @Armelline – I think I've made a bit of a mess of it as I was looking at yours and the Guru's tutorials. I think I'll re-do it with yours. After all this time at it.. I'm still quite dim.. sigh. I'll also take what you've said here into account.

• gatrifgatrif Member Posts: 60

@monkeyboy simian said:
    Hi all.. I'm still trying to get my game up (it's taking me some time). My latest rejection is that when the player hits the "buy" button (for ads off), my "please wait" image appears but then it just stays there.. thus the player indeed waits... and waits. I've followed a tutorial by @Armeline and @The_Gamesalad_Guru – and I think I've combined them a bit now.

Anyone got an idea why? I've attached a screen grab below.

i have same problem

Have messaged you back dude