State of GameSalad on 10-26-2016

13»

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) said:
    @Clock ZZzzz too much slow... I believe there was only one update this year and that was to fix the long hanging/pending issue and then full stop. Just promises left.

To be honest wasn't there a big update this spring that included custom collisions, custom fonts and a couple other things?

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

True @Toque - for my part I just need some sort of confirmation of life from GS, like the Halloween posts from the team; it gave me a sense of calm. I think a lot of the users just need to know that... it can not be that difficult GS, or what? Just put a few pictures out on the forums, that you are there with us, eating lunch, casual fridays...whatever.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited November 2016

Maybe Gretchen, the new VP of Sales and Outreach, could say hi and acknowledge this starving community. We are not as bad as the GS guys make us out to be! o:) :D

edited November 2016

Yes, let the sales and outreach people talk to us; I do not need coders spending their valuable time too much here on the forum; their fingers should be spared for that, and used for typing thousands of coding lines instead. But Gretchen, yes you - what's up at the water cooler spot?

edited November 2016

@Hopscotch said:
    Maybe Gretchen, the new VP of Sales and Outreach, could say hi and acknowledge this starving community. We are not as bad as the GS guys make us out to be! o:) :D

Edited this post. Sorry probably a little harsh. I was just trying to get a laugh.

Oh come on I thought it was funny.......I still love you guys.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Hopscotch said:

@johnnymagne said:
    Yes, let the sales and outreach people talk to us; I do not need coders using their valuable too much here; their fingers should be spared for thousands of coding lines. But Gretchen, yes you - what's up at the water cooler spot?

Today is Gretchen's first day in the office and we're all shaking off the Thanksgiving food coma's, though I'll definitely suggest she introduce herself on the forums here :)

I'm drafting up another update for you guys, and have some more GameSalad related stories / news I've been gathering that I'll be sharing as well.

@johnnymagne Here's a picture of our Senior Sales Manager (Victoria), who I believe you guys have also yet to meet.

Great! All the best with your new job!!
    Thanks for posting.

Yeah - that´s the spirit - welcome Gretchen and hi there Vicy; a happy GS camper!
    More of this...

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2016

@ForumNinja said:

"She's so happy she got certified."

Certified... you gotta be certified to join this looney bin! :D

... and thick skinned to take all the flack that this lot dish out to the staff.

Anyway, welcome Victoria.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@ForumNinja said:

@Hopscotch said:

@johnnymagne said:
    Yes, let the sales and outreach people talk to us; I do not need coders using their valuable too much here; their fingers should be spared for thousands of coding lines. But Gretchen, yes you - what's up at the water cooler spot?

Today is Gretchen's first day in the office and we're all shaking off the Thanksgiving food coma's, though I'll definitely suggest she introduce herself on the forums here :)

I'm drafting up another update for you guys, and have some more GameSalad related stories / news I've been gathering that I'll be sharing as well.

@johnnymagne Here's a picture of our Senior Sales Manager (Victoria), who I believe you guys have also yet to meet.

Welcome, Victoria!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited November 2016

@ForumNinja said:

I'm waiting for this :D

• @ForumNinja said:

@Hopscotch said:

@johnnymagne said:

Welcome! Good to see Gamesalad getting some new people on board. Wish you the best.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

@ForumNinja said:

Welcome aboard!

I remember being this happy. Once. :D

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

A quiet thank you to the GS team.

My experience recently is that Version 1.25.73 is so stable I have forgotten, on occasion, to save. Normally, I do so regularly with the new features/calculations I add to my app.

My forgetfulness has bitten me a couple of times but, generally, it just puts me into a cold sweat of anxiety until I relax again after saving.

So, thank you for the stability.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

I don't think the occasional image of a staff member or photos of halloween costumes is useful engagement, I know that sounds churlish :# but when you have dozens of paying customers trying to engage staff in conversations about their own product, about legitimate issues, and being ignored, for week after week, month after month, posting fun photos of staff members (as @johnnymagne says "confirmation of life from GS" :D ) seems like people are being somewhat short-changed. :#

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@Socks said:
    I don't think the occasional image of a staff member or photos of halloween costumes is useful engagement, I know that sounds churlish :# but when you have dozens of paying customers trying to engage staff in conversations about their own product, about legitimate issues, and being ignored, for week after week, month after month, posting fun photos of staff members (as @johnnymagne says "confirmation of life from GS" :D ) seems like people are being somewhat short-changed. :#

+10

He did mention that he will draft an update and i was excited so I kept refreshing the page , and still refreshing in the third day :D

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited December 2016
  • freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@Hopscotch said:

@freneticz said:
    Update us @ForumNinja ......

It may be a while, here is the original image...

:D

:wink: