Let's Make a Game: Episode 1

Making a video series about making a game in GameSalad. I'm sure I'm making a billion mistakes during these videos, but at least I'm trying. :-) Constructive criticism very much welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

These kind of videos are great for users.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited November 2016

Its great that your doing this! If your doing it for beginners though you need to slow down a bit ( just a little bit ) cause you type fast and navigate faster so im sure if i was watching it as a beginner i would say hey slow down ! I can rewind but it will totally make me change the video to someone else, but other than that its great.

There is just one thing I dont get , why constrain mouse positions to game attributes if you can access them anytime anywhere. But i like it keep it up .. always love to see videos made for GS, you did well and thank you for doing it. :)

• Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback!

@Icebox said:
    Its great that your doing this! If your doing it for beginners though you need to slow down a bit ( just a little bit ) cause you type fast and navigate faster so im sure if i was watching it as a beginner i would say hey slow down ! I can rewind but it will totally make me change the video to someone else, but other than that its great.

There is just one thing I dont get , why constrain mouse positions to game attributes if you can access them anytime anywhere. But i like it keep it up .. always love to see videos made for GS, you did well and thank you for doing it. :)

I'll try and slow it down a little in the future for sure.

I'm not sure why I constrain the attribute to the mouse position. It might just be a habit I picked up from when I used to use GameSalad a long time ago. I can't remember why I'd do it though. Thanks for pointing that out and I'll try and address it in a future episode. Thank you! :-)