What would be the best way to set this up?

Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

((KIDS GAME)) I want to create a mini-game to my overall game. It is basically:

• 20 levels.
  • Each level has 3-6 colored objects.
  • Depending on level you are on, text appears ex: Which one is Red? etc.
  • You select wrong one, i will have an audio play saying try again.
  • When you pick the correct colored object you will have another audio play, you will also receive a set amount of in-game currency that you will be able to spend in the "bigger game" (this will be like a town shop in a separate scene).

That is basically it for this, it would obviously need to utilize the table and use 1 scene to save on game memory and so on.
I am pretty new to GameSalad but I am learning pretty quickly, I have big plans with this game down the road if I can get things going how I imagine. Please help me on setting this up, I don't need it done for me, just trying to figure out best route/steps to go with this.

Thank You!

Comments

• Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

I'm Really stuck on this, I could easily do this set up in different scenes but really need to figure out how to do this with 1 scene, I have been stuck for 2 days now it's really demotivating =(

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Your stuck in what ? @kw9015

• 20 levels.

create 20 levels

place 3 - 6 colored objects on scene

create a table with 20 rows and 1 column (text) call the table anything
    type in each row " Which one is red , Which one is blue etc.. "
    create a game integer attribute set it to the level number at each level
    display text Tablecellvalue(table_anything,game.level,1) at the x and y position you want

• When you pick the correct colored object you will have another audio play, you will also receive a set amount of in-game currency that you will be able to spend in the "bigger game" (this will be like a town shop in a separate scene).

lets say this level is " Which one is red" level 1
    game.level = 1
    In your object actor, create self integer attribute call it red, set self.red to 1 , the other colored actors set them to 0 , if touch is pressed and game.level = self.red (both will be 1) play sound success change ingamecurrency to ingamecurrency + 10 otherwise play sound try again

You dont have a specific question so this is just a way to do it

@Icebox said:
    Your stuck in what ? @kw9015

• 20 levels.

create 20 levels

place 3 - 6 colored objects on scene

create a table with 20 rows and 1 column (text) call the table anything
    type in each row " Which one is red , Which one is blue etc.. "
    create a game integer attribute set it to the level number at each level
    display text Tablecellvalue(table_anything,game.level,1) at the x and y position you want

lets say this level is " Which one is red" level 1
    game.level = 1
    In your object actor, create self integer attribute call it red, set self.red to 1 , the other colored actors set them to 0 , if touch is pressed and game.level = self.red (both will be 1) play sound success change ingamecurrency to ingamecurrency + 10 otherwise play sound try again

You dont have a specific question so this is just a way to do it

Sorry about not being clear, I was more so looking for the way to set it up and get started, I was stuck at the whole thing ha, you did exactly what i was hoping for in guiding me on how to set this all up, i didnt have a specific question more so just how to do each step.

@Icebox How would I go about selecting the next level after this stage? Off top of my head I think I would set up maybe:
    Timer (after .1 sec)
    -Change game.level1 to 0 (was 1)
    then also change game.level2 to 1(0)
    then keep doing this...does this make sense?

edited November 2016

--EDIT-- How do I save my in game currency to carry over next time you get on to the game....I tried first making a table the stored the currency, having it displayed and earned and so forth, it all worked until i restarted game it was at 0 again, I then tried to make it a real attribute and save to the table and then also put a load attribute, but im confused....where or how do i set up to save/load the game currency....im going to need a full table ill have to load each time eventually down the road of "collectibles" the player has got over time and need to figure this out, thanks!

wew! after messing around with this, i got the results for the first part I was looking for...Basically I set up a table that had 2 columns one if text i want displayed, other is the 0 or 1 for each level. basically I have game check with numerical expression if 1=tablecellval(the level im on should be also 1) if it does then it will show the correct text and i need to select the corresponding color that is also set for 1, after it is selected i currently have it change that block to 0 on the table and change the new row(level) to 1 so it goes on and on, i achieved this with only using 1 table and no real attributes which i was hoping for! Now i just gotta figure set up in game currency.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Glad it's coming together.