What would be the limits with Gamesalad on size of game.

Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

I have a very large project I am going to start working on. It will be a Kid's game, that features a small town you can explore as such with ABC Mouse and the likes of it. You will have different places you can visit that feature different activities....will feature an arcade you can buy tokens for with in game currency you have earned from other activities and so forth. Basically each of the mini-games or activities will have their own tables to allow each of their levels to be on one scene. There will be some media files for voice and maybe a tune that plays while your on the town scene. I was wondering how big i could really make this project without any problems with devices getting on it. I have a ton of ideas for this, it will basically be a lot of small projects built up to one, My brother goes to IU and one of his professors said he would love to back this project and help anyway possible, so I am really excited to get started, thank you!

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Smaller is always better as long as it looks and sounds good enough.

Sounds can take massive amount of memory. I compress them and can't really tell the difference.

• Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

ive never messed with sound files before so no idea on compressing them and all that sorts

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

It's pretty easy. Google reducing MP3 size.

Reduce size of MP3 files online, directly from your web browser. Useful service to fit more songs in your project by reducing the audio bit-rate.

Just reduce bit-rate. Test and make sure it still sounds fine.

I'm just saying if your using a lot of sounds and music blindly it could be many MB for each one........

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Music especially, can much though lots of memory..

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

All that said, there is nothing bad about a game/project being large because there is a lot of content. Having a lot in the game will not slow it down if your code is good.

Just be aware that on the Google Play Store there is a size limit and since GS does not support expansion files, this can effectively limit you, unless you target iOS only.

thank you! I did not know about the file limit. i will have to check that out and kinda see where i stand with what i have at the moment.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

What is the file limit on Google Play?

• chaosmasterrochaosmasterro Member, PRO Posts: 51

100mb if users want to download over a data connection. I don't know if there is any max for a wifi connection.

From all I can find on google is 100mb standard, up to 4GB if using expansion files, but it was stated before, GS does not support expansion files =/