Issue With In-Game Currency

Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

So I working on a Kid's Game. Each level, it asks you, which one is "color, ie: red". I have multiple actors on screen some hidden some visible right away. I use Tables for my variables such as Level and what the text will display asking for which color.

• Each level the required color's 2nd column on the table will be either 1 or 0, 1 being the active color needed, 0 being inactive. Once you select correct color, next question appears, sometimes new blocks(colors) appear so on.
  • I have also set up after each level complete you receive 5 coins. (If level 2 column 2 is 1 then +5coins)
  • I have it then save game currency(coins) to table, and table is saved. So when my game restarts the main menu loads the attribute from the table, displaying my coins in top right.

My issue comes down to this, when i play the game over, I am able to go to each level correctly, but It does not collect coins again. I need this feature available.

Could someone please maybe explain what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix this. Thank you very much!

Comments

• Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30

Ok well it's a good thing i keep spend a ton of time figure out my own issues lol. I'm not really getting any help on these forums =/ I opened a new file and tested the very bare work up of what i needed to do, it was as simple as I somehow forgot to add the attribute+5 instead I had just +5 so it only gave me it one time, thats good to know in the future when i need someone to only allow you to get the gold from it 1 time.

This is ANSWERED.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2016

@Kevinw026 said:
    I'm not really getting any help on these forums . . .

I suspect the reason no made any suggestions is that none of the rules and conditions and behaviours (etc) that are causing this issue are included in your post, your question is essentially 'I have process that should produce X, instead it produces Y, I'm not going to tell you what the process is, you will need to guess, if you guess it correctly, then try and imagine how it might be incorrectly constructed to produce Y !!!

Basically, here are two typical approaches to asking questions on the forum:

A: I have a calculation, which is is 100 + 25 + 10 + 2, the result should be 137, but I keep getting 270 ?

B: I have a calculation, the result should be 137, but I keep getting 270 ?

They look similar, but A is simple to address, B is pretty much impossible and will usually attract a few guesses or no response at all.

Approach A is more often than not answered quickly.
    Approach B is often just skipped over.

Being able to see your rules gives people a fighting chance of spotting that you were using +5 instead of attribute+5, without seeing the rules how would anyone even begin to guess this was the issue ? A approach questions are often trivial, asking the very same question as a B approach question makes even simple issues intractable mysteries !!

But anyhow . . . glad you sorted it out ! :)

• Kevinw026Kevinw026 Member, BASIC Posts: 30
    edited November 2016

@Socks I absolutely agree and understand that for sure, I will do that for future questions, I just had soooo much stuff already laid out i had no idea where to even begin on finding my issue. That is why i opened a new game and did the very basics to get a full scope of where i was at, if i had the issue happen again it would of been easier to digest and then i would have probably posted more results then. I just had so much crap i was not sure where to even begin to isolate it in the bigger picture. I will do a better job with screenshots in the future. =)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Kevinw026 said:
    . . . I will do a better job with screenshots in the future. =)

Screenshots = Yes !!! :)