Anyone watched the buildbox live event?

evertevert Member Posts: 266

Hi guys,

did anyone watch the buildbox live event today?
If yes what are your thoughts?

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2016

No but interesting on the forums for their feature request. Lots of "less bugs" and "quicker loading time" etc etc.

I wonder if it's still 3000$????

GS is a bargain in comparison.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@evert I've been following Trey since about 2011 and always thought of him as quite knowledgeable about this industry and about marketing.

I found his suggestions about how to go about market research before building an app, if considering approaching a publisher, were enlightening and worthwhile listening. Of course the free information, which was all valid, was to build his brand and instil confidence as a prelude to selling a training program about building apps for publishing. That's part of his business and will probably net him a few more BuildBox customers too.

However, I'm not interested in buying his course, or BuildBox for that matter, but that doesn't mean I won't try his approach and follow his free guidelines to find a publisher. It sounds like a good plan to me.

I know some others here think of him as just another opportunistic Internet marketer. I also know of ex-patriots from here that have gone over to BuildBox!

If anyone else is curious about what we are referring to there are two more live streams of this video on:

Thursday 7.00am PST (15.00 GMT)
    Thursday 5.00pm PST (1.00 GMT)

Go to buildbox.com for the link

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited December 2016

@Toque said:

This was not about subscribing to BuildBox, but the price now is US$99 per month or US$999 per year.

• evertevert Member Posts: 266

@PhilipCC said:

@Toque said:

This was not about subscribing to BuildBox, but the price now is US$99 per month or US$999 per year.

Still, GS is a better bargain, more its has more options.

otherwise, he has a good point about the publisher side of things.
    Maybe we can establish something like this with GS as a community.
    Make a facebook page where the winner of the game of the mond submissions get featured by GS or something?