Old Code and Perfomance

Hi Folks,
I am wondering how I can go about cleaning up my code to improve performance (and loading times). Beyond finding simpler ways of doing things (which is difficult for me since my abilities are limited so for what I did I did what I knew but I've learnt a few things over time so I can go back to some older code and optimise); does old code that you have turned off affect performance? I once read somewhere that code lines turned off do not get generated in the APK and how true that is. IF it remains in the APK will deleting it before hand improve loading and performance? (I had wanted to keep such code since it helps me see what I've attempted etc). What else can I do to improve performance and loading? Thanks ya'll

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I don't think turned off code affects your code in any way , the code behind it must be turning the block into a comment which is ignored by lua . Not entirely sure though.

Your loading time depends on graphics and the device thats loading it . For example , my game loads for 2 seconds on an iphone 5 , and 1 second on galaxy s7 . If I use large images it takes more time to load. Code affects performance more than loading time , again im not sure but from my experience with several games. Regarding performance , look at the code that runs all the time ( constrain , loops , animations etc.. ) make sure they only run when needed , so restrict them with conditions.