How to make actor progressively slower on each collide with another actor?

LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187

Hey there,

I'm wanting to set up a rule where an actor gets progressively slower each time in collides with another group of actors. I assume I need a real or integer attribute of some sort to designate the change in speed each time? And somehow connect that to the particular group I want it to collide with??? Just wondering if anyone has any tips in setting this up?

The actor will be moving based on keyboard left right up down, and I would prefer to use 'move' rather than 'accelerate' as I just prefer the movement that way. Is it possible to set up this speed attribute when using 'move'?

Secondary question, less important as it is just an idea at this stage: I'm thinking of also having the actor revert back to the original speed after it has been stationary for a certain amount of time (eg not interacted with by user for a certain time). Which would mean more than just the usual timer function - is this even possible? eg. Is it possible for GS to count how long something hasn't been interacted with for?

Cheers!

Comments