Audio not fading out with interpolate behaviour

don.blitodon.blito Member, BASIC Posts: 1

Hi.
I am a beginner and i am having difficulties fading sound in. Interpolate fades the music or sound out but not in.
Can i bypass this with some expression?
Thank you.
Pablo

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

The problem you are having is caused by your code, without seeing this code all people can really do is make random guesses to try and imagine what your code might be.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

P.S welcome to the forum ! :)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@don.blito said:
    Hi.
    I am a beginner and i am having difficulties fading sound in. Interpolate fades the music or sound out but not in.
    Thank you.
    Pablo

Hard to say...... But interpolate has to finish before it can start again. So a little time between fade out and in rules.

Impossible to say unless you give more details. How is this fading in and out being done.......??

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2016

@don.blito said:
    Hi.
    Thank you.
    Pablo

Hi! - I use a simple fix in my Parcel Monkey game, to make the van noises go quieter, which I would have thought would work the other way around?), but really it just boils down to playing a sound at 'X' volume, and changing 'X'.

Perhaps store an attribute, or hard-code an expression? - PLAY SOUND behaviours (to my knowledge) will (if still playing the sound? - again, not sure about the PLAY MUSIC behaviour?), still take account of the result of the CURRENT volume setting/equation in the behaviour.

So my logic was something like THIS:-

Play Sound:-

Volume = Game.GlobalVolume * Self.MyVolume

Where Self.Volume was calculated based on how far away my character was to the Van (ie. (1-(PlayerX / 3000)). For my example, I needed the sound to fade out a couple of screens'-worth of scrolling away from the van, so perhaps try the opposite as an example?

Something like setting the Volume expression to (Self.Time/100) should provide a quick 'n' dirty test?

I'm sure that someone ( @Armelline ? ) posted a great example of sound lessening or increasing based on proximity, that would prove useful?