GS Arcade - UnPINning issues?

JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
edited December 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi guys - I'm getting ready to show a few people a preview of my latest game, and figured (as I'm not in my dev location), I'd jump on and build it for GS Arcade...

Having done that, I've just 'Play'ed it, and it's a REALLY poor cousin of the way that the game plays in GS's previewer!

Jerky, scene stops scrolling after so long, massive pauses in the action, actors remaining 'Pinned' when hit, font issues, and just so, so many things wrong, I think I now realise why most of the stuff on there seems fairly basic, and it's not the best advert for GS.

I'm assuming it's down to the buggy and slow HTML5 export/build implementation, but seriously? - just seems a waste of time platform, unless you're using really basic games, behaviours and features... If this is the 'way forward' and what we can expect from the browser-based roadmap? :frowning:

Am I wrong? - is there something I'm possibly doing wrong, or a browser issue? (I've noticed that running in Firefox has the scrolling issue beyond a certain point in the scene, whereas Chrome fixes the scene scrolling issue, IE has a fonts issue, but all 3 won't 'unpin' actors? (Oh yeah, and they all run like crap....) :frowning:

If anyone fancies seeing if things OTHER THAN the Birdhouse (that's unpinned already) - (ie. birds, bushes, cats, dogs, etc), actually fly off when hit (as opposed to springing back to their PINned positions), on their machine/OS/browser, here's a link!

arcade.gamesalad.com/games/140058

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

You're correct, at this time there can be big differences between the Arcade/HTML5 games and the other platforms. There are at least a few features of GS that just don't work at all in browser and I believe some of those are the custom collision shapes and pin behavior. I'm pretty sure there are others as well.

Hopefully the incarnation of GS as a web based tool will resolve those issues.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2016

Thanks @jamie_c - Real shame though, as I can't see a way of working around something like that, with physics games where the objects NEED to be 'movable', so I can't even set that attribute as a workaround (if that even works).... seems a silly issue though, assuming an easily fixable one too... :frowning:

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

It's a shame the arcade doesn't work for some games. This should be a education priority. How else will they showcase their work?