Android Landscape loading screen bug

Hi folks,
My app is meant to be in landscape. And my loading screen is landscape too. However when I log into the app whilst my screen is in landscape the loading image then pivots to portrait. Is there a work around regarding this?

Comments

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112
    edited December 2016

No, I do not think so. Use blank slate, at least it does not look like crap. Then, use first scene to present your logo....It sucks, but this is a solution...

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Eish. That's bad. I have a load time that's quite long so not putting anything is not a good idea. Since people will think its not working. Eish.

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

I agree. Too bad. I think GS are looking into this rather scandalous bug, is that not so @ForumNinja ?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@fmakawa said:
    Eish. That's bad. I have a load time that's quite long so not putting anything is not a good idea. Since people will think its not working. Eish.

First load in a simple load scene.

@socks I already have a simple load scene. that's loads attributes. Should I make an even simpler one that does nothing but simply change to the next scene and nothing else?

edited December 2016

@fmakawa said:
    @socks I already have a simple load scene. that's loads attributes. Should I make an even simpler one that does nothing but simply change to the next scene and nothing else?

How long does the simple load scene take to load ?

@ socks currently 24 seconds on my galaxy j3

@fmakawa said:
    @ socks currently 24 seconds on my galaxy j3

And this scene simply loads attributes ?

@socks. Yes. I gather that I have long loading time because I have lots of tables and several of which are large.

edited January 2017

I would first load in a simple (without large amounts of table data) load scene.

@socks I'm not actually loading the tables since that's automatic I think. I am simply loading the attributes, about 10 of them. I mentioned the tables because large tables affect load speed.