Search actors for display text

I'm look for a way to search through my project to find where a specific line of text is located within an actor.

Is this possible or does any one know a way to do something similar.

thanks

Kyle

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

There is no search function in Gamesalad. A requested feature for many years.

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Yes, wanted this for years.

If you want to search in the actor then you are out of luck.

If you want to search in the project you can request to delete an Attribute that relates to the text you are looking for. A warning pops up telling you in which actors the Attribute is currently being used.

You can then cancel and look in that actor.

Hope this helps.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

CAUTION: There is no undo feature for deleting an attribute in that manner. While your best intention might be to cancel the request, please do yourself a favor and save a separate copy of the project file as a backup in case anything goes wrong.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• kylebuttresskylebuttress Member, PRO Posts: 8

is there a way to grep/search the xml files for references to the actors and refer back to the actor in the editor? is this not possible

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@kylebuttress said:
    is there a way to grep/search the xml files for references to the actors and refer back to the actor in the editor? is this not possible

I''re never heard of anyone doing that. But I've wondered that myself but not the skill set to test it.