Jump back through platforms

I have been working on a runner game inspired by the new Mario Run ( but adding my twist on it) I know how to do the jump through platforms, but how can i make it so I can also make my hero jump down through the platform as well, triggered by swiping down. I am trying to mimic the movement from the game Banana Kong.

Comments

• NalycanNalycan Member, PRO Posts: 96
    edited January 2017

There are probably many solutions to doing these things. We found this way the easiest...

I guessing you have both the swiping and actor gravity stuff all locked down, so I skip right to the platform part.

1. Lets say you have 2 platforms, one low and one high. Player is standing on the lowest and jumps. Make an attribute that is triggered when player is above the high platform. Attribute to "1". Use this attribute in a rule to trigger the player-collision-with-platform only when player is above platform. This makes player jump through and stand on the high platform.

2. If player is standing on the high platform and want to go down through the high platform. Make a rule that triggers the same attribute. Attribute to "0". When removing player-collision-with-platform gravity should take care of the rest.

Hope this helps :wink:

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

@Lycan said:
    There are probably many solutions to doing these things. We found this way the easiest...

I guessing you have both the swiping and actor gravity stuff all locked down, so I skip right to the platform part.

1. Lets say you have 2 platforms, one low and one high. Player is standing on the lowest and jumps. Make an attribute that is triggered when player is above the high platform. Attribute to "1". Use this attribute in a rule to trigger the player-collision-with-platform only when player is above platform. This makes player jump through and stand on the high platform.
    2. If player is standing on the high platform and want to go down through the high platform. Make a rule that triggers the same attribute. Attribute to "0". When removing player-collision-with-platform gravity should take care of the rest.

Hope this helps :wink:

Perfect!