Tables and load times/fps

Hey guys,

Can anyone please confirm if the number of rows/columns in a table impacts load times and FPS?

In my case, my game has 120 levels (and about 10 tables with 120 rows), but I would like to max out all tables with blank rows at 999 to make space for level expansions etc..

Comments

• JScottJScott Member Posts: 143

I don't have huge tables, but I have games with lots of tables, and don't think it affects load times or FPS. I do find that writing to tables has an FPS hit.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

I believe the engines load table data at startup. So it shouldn't affect scene transition load times, but it will affect initial load times.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@adent42 said:
    I believe the engines load table data at startup. So it shouldn't affect scene transition load times, but it will affect initial load times.

Are you guys working on improving that? I have a game with quite a lot tables and its taking 24 secs to load as a result plus it refused to create an APK if I included my largest table. Plus I have other games in mind which would use even more tables!