the destroy command shown in the tutorial does not seem to be working. do you have any advice?

i was following along with the tutorial and i tried to get the player to be destroyed by the lava blocks but the player does not seem to be getting killed. i have double checked i have done it right but it still does not work please help.

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Out of curiosity, which tutorial are you following?

Both actors must be on the same layer. At least one actor must have Moveable checked. Make sure your collide rule is not inside of another rule or timer. Also make sure you are NOT using Interpolate to move either of the actors.

If you're still stuck, take a screenshot of your rules, upload it to a file-sharing site and then post the download link here.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• i didn't know you could get different layers, I'm using the tutorial on this website

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

It could be the smallest of mistakes but impossible to say. Does the play just hit lava and nothing happens???