The Winner of IMGA China "Best Quickplay Game" is....

2»

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@kirafu said:
    But "Roll Turtle" is not need a publisher because its already released, people will not be interested in a game that has already been released

That is not necessarily true. Flappy Bird became very popular after a LONG time on the app stores. For people who haven't played your game, it IS new, whatever the original publishing date. It is probably worth it trying to just ask around with some publishers. Don't put too much time into it, I agree that focusing on the next project is more important right now, but not doing anything at all would be a mistake, I think. You have a great game in Roll Turtle!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2017

@kirafu I completely agree with @pHghost regarding approaching a publisher.
    " ... but not doing anything at all would be a mistake, I think. You have a great game in Roll Turtle!"

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited May 2017

@kirafu I've only just managed to catch up on your thread, and I'm really sorry to hear this after everything looked so promising.... :frowning: again, I can only repeat what the guys have said - you definitely have awareness of your game out ther to a certain extent (a lot more than most of us!), but as usual, the big players seem to be far more supported/featured by the stores (possibly biased because of the safe, lucrative IAP's on those very few established (and downright greedy in some cases) games).

All any of us can do is try to increase exposure by any means possible, for our games, and to be frank, I'm as in the dark about the best way to do this myself - I've contacted review sites - they've ALL, and I mean ALL, ignored me - no response etc - it does break your heart and frustrate you - I've sold just £38's-worth of my games (mainly by word of mouth, to supporters and friends tbh) across both iOS and Android, over 4 years, so yeah, I almost gave up trying, but I also know that my games are GOOD, (maybe not fantastic, but good enough to warrant more downloads and purchases than that), so I might even re-skin, re-label/re-brand them etc, but in your case Roll Turtle looks fantastic...

So I'd just concentrate on getting the word out/drumming up interest, and maybe hearing what @Socks has to say - he helped me BIG time with my WIP Fruit Machine game :smiley: ...

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited May 2017

@pHghost @PhilipCC @Japster Thank you for your encouragement and kind words, I will sign a contract with a Chinese publisher (only in China), because China not have google play, if there is further news, I will let you guys know ;)

Unconsciously, Roll Turtle has been released in iOS for 1 year, it's like my other child's birthday, Happy birthday(2016/5/19) Roll Turtle! :)

To celebrate one year release of Roll Turtle, $2.99 -> $0.99 for a limited time! Download Roll Turtle, Gamesalad 2016 Game of The Year, IMGA China Best Quickplay Game now! Pay once and play, no iap, no ads, you'll love it, If you have not played it yet, Don't miss out!

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

@kirafu I think as indie developers, or those casual developers, we all know we are not doing it just for the fame and fortune. We really want to make a fun game and prove to the world we can do something cool, in our own vision. I think it was kinda sad for me to see GameSalad isn't developing to it's full potential (hopefully not yet), but overall, it is a great tool and gave us a chance to try it out. I know coding but I do not have the time to go through the details of everything in a full blown development.

So whatever you do, I think it is cool you've done something and made some splash!

• rodrigo.mata.ibrodrigo.mata.ib Member Posts: 2

Wow, congrats, it's nice to see you are being successful. Hope you can get more of it as the time pass by. Can you share how many hours approx. it took to you since the very first idea until it was complete? It would be a nice reference, though.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@rodrigo.mata.ib said:
    Can you share how many hours approx. it took to you since the very first idea until it was complete?

There are a few threads about Kirafu and his development of Roll Turtle. Check out this one and use the Search box above to find more.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/69605/my-new-game-roll-turtle-gamedev‬-progress-prototype-art#latest

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@kirafu I'd like to help get your game to the masses. A great way to increase exposure is through App Reviewers. Here's a list of groups who will write about your game and spread it like wild fire.

App Reviewers
    App Freak -- appfreakblog.com

App Modo -- appmodo.com & apptrailers.tv

Appotography -- appotography.com (photo apps only)

Apps and Hats -- appsandhats.com

appSIZED -- appsized.com

GameZebo -- gamezebo.com

Game Informer -- gameinformer.com

Insanely Great Mac -- insanely-great.com

iPad Insight -- ipadinsight.com

iPhone Gamer -- iphonegamerblog.com

iPhone Life Magazine -- iphonelife.com

iPhone Reviews 2.0 -- ifonereviews.blogspot.com

iSource -- isource.com

Life In LoFi -- lifeinlofi.com

MacRumors -- macrumors.com

MacWorld -- macworld.com

148Apps -- 148apps.com

RAZMAG -- razmag.com & razorianfly.com

Ray Wenderlich -- raywenderlich.com

Slide to Play -- slidetoplay.com

Canadian Reviewer -- canadianreviewer.com

The Portable Gamer -- theportablegamer.com

Today in iOS -- tii.libsyn.com

TouchMyApps -- touchmyapps.com

TouchArcade -- toucharcade.com

Press Release
    prMac -- prmac.com

PR -- pr.com

Mailing List
    MailChimp -- mailchimp.com

Apple Promotion & Marketing
    Apple -- developer.apple.com

:heart: Hope this helps :mrgreen:

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285
    edited July 2017

@kirafu Games Press is the definitive one-stop PR resource for the games industry.
    https://www.gamespress.com/ is really great to get some exposure.

You can find press releases from indie developers but also from big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Bandai Namco, Sega Networks, Atari etc.

Maybe you're already using it but if you don't you should definitely give it a try.

Have an update, won an award, recent pricedrop, new game in development?
    Post a press release to GamePress.

I'll bet it will put you on the radar for sure!

If you don't know how to write a press release or need some help, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

• firaxofiraxo Member Posts: 11

Evil sun is world 4 most interesting design, people love and hate it!
    World 4 completed.

As usual, feel free to ask any questions and leave any thoughts! I'll give my answer as soon as possible (or give you a hint)
    All feedback appreciated of course!
    Remind: To celebrate one year release of Roll Turtle, $2.99 -> $0.99 for a limited time! Download IMGA China Best Quickplay Game now! Pay once and play, no iap, no ads, you'll love it, Don't miss out!

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited December 2017

One word: Steam. $100 initial fee. Many players use that, uh, gaming ''software''. Definitely would be worth your time probably. Think BIG! :smiley:
    P.S. That is what I am planning on doing eventually. :smile:

Of course you designed your game for the phone though, so there would have to be some work to change some stuff probably. Good luck! :smile:

I kind-of quit tryung to get on Steam. There were bugs from the HTML5 file. How is roll turtle doing?