Enemy white blink withouth extra texture

2»

Comments

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@Socks said:

One thing you should watch out for though is that Replicate replicates Replicate !

That is to say if you had an actor and you replicated 10 copies upwards (90°), you would end up with - of course - 10 copies.

If you then added a second Replicate behaviour below the first one, set to replicate another 10 copies to the right (0°), you would end up not with 20 copies, but with 100 copies.

Of course it would be obvious enough to see with the above example, as you'd see a 10 x 10 grid of copies, but with other non-grid replicate tasks it's good to remember that the second Replicate behaviour replicates all the copies of the first Replicate, not just the original actor.

Is this another elaborate @Socks joke, inception-style? If not, it's really bizarre. How does Replicate only replicate the actor's image (none of the behaviors) UNLESS that behavior is a Replicate behavior?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Adrenaline said:
    Is this another elaborate @Socks joke, inception-style?

Another ? I wasn't aware I'd made an previous elaborate inception-style jokes !!? :)

@Adrenaline said:
    How does Replicate only replicate the actor's image (none of the behaviors) UNLESS that behavior is a Replicate behavior?

It's not replicating the behaviour, only the image.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited January 2017

@Adrenaline
    i guess it makes some exceptions

for example display text is also cloned with the replicates

10 replicates = 10 display text

some for rotate
    probably stuff that effect this very actor in its presentation are cloned

edited January 2017

@BigDave said:
    @Adrenaline
    i guess it makes some exceptions

for example display text is also cloned with the replicates

10 replicates = 10 display text

Honestly, like Hopscotch says, no rules or behaviours are replicated, only images !!! :) You don't end up with 10 Display Text behaviours, you just end up with 10 pieces of text.

edited January 2017

@BigDave said:
    @Socks i see
    very good

Think of Replicate like 'tile' in an actor's Graphics setting, you can get an imported image to repeat (tile) across a single actor, but those repeats (tiles) are not duplicating the actor's behaviours or rules.