collision utilizando mouse position

SoAGAMESSoAGAMES Member Posts: 81
edited January 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi guys
My question is the following creates an actor who moves with a system of drawing and movement using these behaviors, what I want to do is that it collides with another actor and does not transpose it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Can you give an example (a sketch would be best) of what you want? I don't understand what it means to collide but not transpose.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SoAGAMESSoAGAMES Member Posts: 81

@tatiang said:
    Can you give an example (a sketch would be best) of what you want? I don't understand what it means to collide but not transpose.

That as my actor moves with the mouse does not collide with other actors

When an actor moves in GameSalad, it does NOT collide with other actors. That is, unless you tell it to.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited January 2017

@tatiang said:
    When an actor moves in GameSalad, it does NOT collide with other actors. That is, unless you tell it to.

@SoAGAMES said:

I explained, with the behaviors that appear above I made my actor move when drawing a line on the screen that I need that coluque that collision with an actor that calls platform but as I use the mouse position function (x, y) to Colosinar With The platform of the actor crosses it

I'm really sorry but I don't understand that. It sounds like you're dragging an actor on the scene and wanting it to not collide with a platform actor. Are you using a Collide behavior? Do you have a rule that checks collision? What does that look like?

@tatiang said:

@SoAGAMES said:

I explained, with the behaviors that appear above I made my actor move when drawing a line on the screen that I need that coluque that collision with an actor that calls platform but as I use the mouse position function (x, y) to Colosinar With The platform of the actor crosses it

I'm really sorry but I don't understand that. It sounds like you're dragging an actor on the scene and wanting it to not collide with a platform actor. Are you using a Collide behavior? Do you have a rule that checks collision? What does that look like?

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I think he wants it to collide with the wall actor but done quickly it goes through.

I think when I did this in my game I used the constrain behaviour. I remember it being a bit fussy to stop my player from going off screen or detect collide when moving very quickly with the drag mechanic.

Rule. If self position x =< 50
    Constrain postion to 51.

this would keep it from going left of 50 X.

Of course you can change 50 to whatever you want.

If I remember that worked. Easy to try.

edited January 2017

@uptimistik said:
    @SoAGAMES mi pana ya se q estas buscando. Aquí está: http://gshelper.com/product/constrain-to-mouse-and-keep-collision-gamesalad/

Si necesitas más ayuda me avisas

Gracias amigo con gusto, veo que en la plantilla utilizas la velocidad lineal y yo utiliza interpolate como haria en ese caso

@SoAGAMES said:

@uptimistik said:
    @SoAGAMES mi pana ya se q estas buscando. Aquí está: http://gshelper.com/product/constrain-to-mouse-and-keep-collision-gamesalad/

Si necesitas más ayuda me avisas

Thanks friend with pleasure, I see in the template that uses linear velocity and I use interpolate as I would in this case

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Thanks friend with pleasure, I see in the template that uses linear velocity and I use interpolate as I would in this case

>

Yes interpolating to move an actor will have problems detecting a collision.