Mouth of Zitis

ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I had a simple game I made before and wanted to see what I could do with it by adding some nice graphics and some depth in play. So I basically reskinned my own game. It was fun to do. Enjoy the process and always keep learning. You can't make a horse by reskinning a pig!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mouth-of-zitis/id1169782212?mt=8

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Looks fascinating. Added to my list for when I get a new Apple iDevice.
    Best,
    Two.E

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited January 2017

-i like the monster much.
    -The title screen appears like a stretched image.
    -The title says mouth of and there is no mouth shown on this screen
    -On the left screen you did a good job at visual communicating interaction objects from bg.
    -On the second I can not find the game relevant as quickly. There is a bar which blends to strong with the bg,

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@BigDave said:
    -i like the monster much.
    -The title screen appears like a stretched image.
    -The title says mouth of and there is no mouth shown on this screen
    -On the left screen you did a good job at visual communicating interaction objects from bg.
    -On the second I can not find the game relevant as quickly. There is a bar which blends to strong with the bg,

You are correct. I wanted something artistic and abstract. The game concept doesn't really work. My next game will be visually very simple but better have a better design.

Appreciate your comments. It helps me learn.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited January 2017

@Toque
    i hope i get similar honest feedback soon on my next game. its maybe nice for people who make their first games to get "nice" "well done" but after couple of games i rather hear the truth.
    wanna learn too

@BigDave said:
    @Toque
    i hope i get similar honest feedback soon on my next game.

Sure!

Different eyes see different things too.

New users maybe best to point out some good things and some points to improve.

I know my game didn't work out. It's not terrible but concept didn't work.

But if I learn even a couple design concepts and code knowledge from this game then to me it was worth making.

Sounds were good. I liked button effects. 3-d spinning effect on game over scene. Swipe to choose shield. There are some good there but not enough to overcome fundamental problems of game.

Even small dev studio has great advantages for resources and talent/ skills.

I want to learn localization on my next game. Simple colour palette. Retro arcade.

Danke!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Looking good.. ill download it when i get back home

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

I like the gameplay, i think the medieval concept and monster its not working for me, but thats my personal opinion XD. but i really like the concept of how to play, its addictive.

I think for me it would be more attractive if its a abstract (minimalist) concept, like @BigDave three points, i like those kind of games.

i tried that minimalistic look in some of my games too. I reskinned one from a previous look and change the name, i found that i like it more this way.

for localization, i still dont transtale my apps, but i started to translate only the descriptions in the appstore, those extra keywords are good. Also i find recently on a video to use the different english localizations (AU, UK, CAN) so you can have much more english keywords. (im sure everyone already know that from a lot time before XD)

But i think the concept of the gameplay of the game have potential, maybe you can use this same concept in another different game and see which art works better!

@hybrid said:
    I like the gameplay, i think the medieval concept and monster its not working for me, but thats my personal opinion XD. but i really like the concept of how to play, its addictive.

I think for me it would be more attractive if its a abstract (minimalist) concept, like @BigDave three points, i like those kind of games.

i tried that minimalistic look in some of my games too. I reskinned one from a previous look and change the name, i found that i like it more this way.

for localization, i still dont transtale my apps, but i started to translate only the descriptions in the appstore, those extra keywords are good.

I want to translate my next game.

But i think the concept of the gameplay of the game have potential, maybe you can use this same concept in another different game and see which art works better!

Awesome comments! I tried being abstract and increase the depth of a simple mechanic. It doesn't work.

This is a reskin of a very simple version of my own game here.

Eat more dots.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eat-more-dots/id1029736825?mt=8

Also i find recently on a video to use the different english localizations (AU, UK, CAN) so you can have much more english keywords. (im sure everyone already know that from a lot time before XD)

I didn't know that!!!

Thanks again for your comments. You are 100% correct.