Best IAP practices

Hey guys. Wanted some input on how some of you do IAP, for non consumables.

I have a full game purchase IAP. I am thinking of two ways to implement it both with foreseen issues and wondering how you guys do it.

1) Once purchases change a Table value in my setting table to FULLGAME = TRUE

Pros: Simple save with no need to call upon purchase data in the future

Cons: Once the attribute is saved they have the full game, so if someone purchased the game then asked apple for a refund the attribute would still be saved and they would maintain the full game. Also IAP are free in test flight, so someone who used it in beta testing and kept that version on their phone until getting the final release, would have the full game (not that big of a deal)

2) Always check the purchase table to see if the game has been purchased

Pros: You only have the full game if you have bought it and didn't get a refund

Cons: Must access the iTunes account to know if the person has the full game. If someone was playing without an internet connection they would be without the full game, correct?

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Cons: Once the attribute is saved they have the full game, so if someone purchased the game then asked apple for a refund the attribute would still be saved and they would maintain the full game.

If someone asked for a refund they are most likely going to delete it anyway. If they keep playing it, what do you care... unless they widely broadcast the trick of how to get the game for free?

Also IAP are free in test flight, so someone who used it in beta testing and kept that version on their phone until getting the final release, would have the full game (not that big of a deal)

So, you'll have happy beta testers who got something for free. What's wrong with that?

• Haha good points. Yeah the beta testing one isn't an issue for me I was just mentioning it. Happy to give testers a thank you!

I guess maybe I'm just over thinking it. But I know it is fairly easy to get a refund from Apple. My thought is if a game ever got popular enough that word got around "you can just buy the IAP and get a refund and keep the whole game" that would be a pretty bad design flaw. Most likely not gonna be noticed though. Haha thanks for talking sense into me.