Randomly and continuously playing music without using Timer?

msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

Hi,
I have 3 songs that I’d like to play randomly and continuously as each song finishes.

I understand this could be easily achieved with the Timer attribute (counting time until end of each song then using Random for the next song).

But I’m wondering is there another option to achieve this without the use of Timer? I feel having a Timer constantly running in the background might bog down the game in my opinion (but maybe I’m wrong?)

I’m wondering if there are other, more efficient ways to achieve this that is less taxing on the device processor?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Unfortunately, not in GS that I can think of off the top of my head. Perhaps what you could do is download a free audio editing software and put all 3 tracks together. Then, export several "versions" where each version is a different "random" group of the three songs. Import them into gs and randomly select a song to play.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2017

@jimmyxpark There are only two combinations you can use anyway:
    1, 2, 3 and 2, 1, 3. Otherwise you'll end up hearing the same track twice in a row. :)

• msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

@Braydon_SFX @PhilipCC

Thank you so much for your help!