Gamesalad using outdated Tizen SDK - Publishing Issues

DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@ForumNinja @adent42

It appears Gamesalad is building projects with an outdated Tizen SDK (v2.2). The oldest supported version in Tizen Studio (which we have to use to sign our applications) is v2.3. I believe the latest available Tizen SDK is v3.0.

When generating a signed build of the widget in Tizen Studio it gives the message:
“the project is a v2.2 based application and may not work with v2.3… etc”
and I am finding that all my signed apps are hanging whilst loading the initial scene.

Can Gamesalad be updated with the latest Tizen SDK please?

Comments

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2017

Edit the xml and change the version to 2.3 and it might work.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
    edited January 2017

@DigiChain Thanks for tagging me in this, I'll poke Tan so we can get it updated for you guys.

One option available in the meantime would be to publish to HTML5 and use a wrapper like Cordova to create a Tizen app.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@ForumNinja - Thanks for looking at this.
    I've not looked at Cordova so don't know how it works - but I know GS users are hoping to edit the code in Tizen Studio so that we can implement inmobi ads... so an updated Tizen SDK would be preferable.

@DigiChain I agree an updated Tizen SDK is preferable. I've been looking into the Cordova option and it doesn't look like they support Tizen directly anymore, so that may not even be an option.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@ForumNinja @adent42
    Any news on this? Is the Tizen SDK likely to be updated any time soon?
    Thanks

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@ForumNinja
    there is a tizen campagin febraur onwards during this year to get 10000 Dollar if your app is in the top 100.
    So would be cool to give us the chance

@DigiChain @BigDave

They said they'd look into updating it, but I'll be sure to keep poking them. I know the campaign is going on, and I'd love to give you guys the opportunity to make that money.

One of Tan's suggestions when I talked to him was to publish to HTML5 and create a Tizen web app using their IDE. I tried this out and was able to get a project to run on their emulator, but sadly I don't have any Tizen devices here that have a high enough OS version to test on.

If you guys have some devices you can test on, trying that method is worth a shot in the meantime.