Image Format

What is the best format for images for my actors? I tried png, psd... However i found a problem. I am making a game if the character touches an obstacle, It will lose, but the character seems to touch the box of my obstacle (the box every actor has so we can resize it in the scene) instead of the image itself. This is my actual problem.

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited February 2017

That has noting to do with the image format. There are three types of collision shapes you can use in Gamesalad, rectangle, circle and custom. The default is rectangle and this will use the full dimension of your actor image as the collision shape. So if you have a bunch of white space beyond the edge of your actual actor image, this will still be included in the collision shape. You'll want to crop each actor image right to the edge of the image area to avoid that.

You can find the collision shape setting under the physics options in the actor attributes.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523
    edited February 2017

Image format won't affect that problem. You should use .png or another format that supports transparency so your actor looks correct, but to address the collision issue:

• change the collision shape from rectangle to circle, or vice versa

OR

• use a physics editor to create a new collision shape, and then upload that file to your GS project using custom collisions. Check out @Armelline 's Physics Body Editor video here

@jamie_c said:
    That has noting to do with the image format. There are three types of collision shapes you can use in Gamesalad, rectangle, circle and custom. The default is rectangle and this will use the full dimension of your actor image as the collision shape. So if you have a bunch of white space beyond the edge of your actual actor image, this will still be included in the collision shape. You'll want to crop each actor image right to the edge of the image area to avoid that.

You can find the collision shape setting under the physics options in the actor attributes.

Yeah, what @jamie_c said...

• What software do you use for that? I looked up softwares like Physics editor and physics body editor, they are either paid or free but bad and i think it doesn't support mac

If you click the link I provided, you'll see a very simple and clear walkthrough video from Armelline that takes you through the steps of using the editor. It's free and works on Mac - I'm certain, because I use it too.