Joint project?

ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I have been kicking around the idea of doing another joint project with the right person and right project.

I have done this once before and it was a lot of fun.

I can make a game with GS and publish. I do some illustrations/ animations and have illustrators I work with sound/music people. I paid for all the assets for the last joint project we did. I can send a link to my games and they pretty much speak for themselves and my current level of skills.

I learned a lot from my previous joint project. Small game swelled into a big game........ But it was fun.

Works best:
1) Small simple game. (Still polished and best we can do)
2)MUST work with someone with some GS skills. (or I end up doing all of it. Or if partner is quite advanced they do most of it.) I don't want to make a game for you.
3) prefer someone who is android. (Im iOS so that made "splitting" the game easy. But not fussy on that)
4) mac creator project
5)for fun. (you should make your own million dollar idea game) You can make a great game and have fun doing it.
6) part time/ side project. (I only do this in my spare time.)
7)young or old.... (Im older 45 so very easy going. Young people have great enthusiasm.
8) someone who loves making games. Serious about game design and games but not serious about life!!!! Easy going.

A lot of ways its much easier making a game by yourself. But working with someone else is a great motivator and a lot of fun.
There shouldn't be much or any cost to you or exchange of any money.

If there is something here that sounds like fun you can you send a PM. But I totally understand most indie devs don't usually like these arrangements.

Thanks
Toque

Comments

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

This is interesting and it sounds like you're taking the right approach. I don't have the time to throw my hat into the ring on this one, but I am very curious to see the last game you collaborated on (if you're willing to share).

I also find it interesting that you're looking for someone else with GS skills...I would think it's best to divide responsibilities more strictly to avoid a messy workflow.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I also find it interesting that you're looking for someone else with GS skills...I would think it's best to divide responsibilities more strictly to avoid a messy workflow.

Thanks for the comment. I think a lot of it is timing. I'm idle for a few weeks, so something like this would be fun. I take no offence. A lot of indie devs shouldn't work with anyone. Hahah.....

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Adrenaline said:

I understand what you are saying and it does make practical sense to join people with different strengths on one team......

It really depends on the situation and goals. If I join up with someone with no GS skills I have to do it all. Two coders has its own challenges as well like you said "messy work flow" !!! I figured that out pretty fast on my last joint venture!!!!! But implemented systems to keep the sanity. Yes its not as efficient time wise.

Even if no ones interested but interested in my last joint experiences and the systems I implemented to get it finished. Glad to share.