Final Breakthrough - Gameplay Teaser

BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
edited February 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

So I really loved working on this the first 1.5 months the next 1.5 months I was annoyed of how much time I sink into it and anyways no one is gonna play it.. The normal doubts but the longer projects tend to last for me the harder it its dealign with those voices. How ever I decided to force this one through. Now I have mixed feelings of loving it but wanting to trash it. yeeee....

I am still waiting for voice overs and might add one level more before launch.
The game has all text snippets in a table so it is ready to be translated in any language but I decided to only do this if it gets some players, also probably china and russia first.

in any case i did a lot of first times in this project:

-checking for internet + offline/online timers
-multi language support (ready)
-inventory system, first empty slot filled + max capacity
-attribute system for heros to distribute points

bla bla

here the first video of it:

Comments

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

That looks great! I've always admired your approach. Good luck as you approach release and beyond.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Looks like fun. Could be a winner.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

The game looks like fun , but the visuals are not as good as pixel mage and creepy. It kind of looks like a prototype. The ground and background doesn't fit the character design and I feel like there is something wrong with the main character's animation , maybe its the head shake or jump animation. But I know its the style you prefer . Im just giving an honest feedback so i hope im not being rude :) . I am a big fan of your games and i hope this keeps up with your other games, appreciate the hard work you put and always find your games fun and enjoyable, good luck !

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Great work @BigDave, you're a real work-horse! ...and I go through exactly the same love it/hate it mind games scenarios!!!

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@Icebox said:
    The game looks like fun , but the visuals are not as good as pixel mage and creepy. It kind of looks like a prototype. The ground and background doesn't fit the character design and I feel like there is something wrong with the main character's animation , maybe its the head shake or jump animation. But I know its the style you prefer . Im just giving an honest feedback so i hope im not being rude :) . I am a big fan of your games and i hope this keeps up with your other games, appreciate the hard work you put and always find your games fun and enjoyable, good luck !

I agree, the walk animation looks more like a wobble. That's probably tough to avoid since the main character is flat-sideways to the camera. @BigDave you should totally make an Egyptian game where hieroglyphics come to life!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited February 2017

@Adrenaline yeah lol Egypt game could be fun and would explain the constant staring characters.

@Icebox thanks very insightful yeah I think pixel mage had less pixel and looked more geometric and the pixel style looked also more intended and stylised, the colors were also better.

Man even the main hero..

But hey I finish it and move on, thanks for the honest feedback