Border around text

MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for putting a border around text? (as shown in image)
I know how to do it in photoshop with 'stroke' but obviously, would be so much better to be able to use text directly.
Especially for an app with multiple language versions.
I'm fairly sure it can't be done directly within the font but maybe someone has a trick to create the effect of a border.
I tried displaying a slightly larger black text behind a smaller text of different color, but that didn't work.
Might not be possible but thought I'd ask...
Thanks.

Comments

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

So I found this workaround in the forum from @Socks - that looks like a good solution. (minor edit to include only the border rule)
    I'm wondering now if there might be a way to edit a font directly to have a border by default... but I guess that's a whole other story! :)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@MusicBoutique said:
    So I found this workaround in the forum from @Socks - that looks like a good solution. (minor edit to include only the border rule)
    I'm wondering now if there might be a way to edit a font directly to have a border by default... but I guess that's a whole other story! :)

Somewhere on the forums I posted an example of how you can use a font that has both a solid and outline version (so limited to certain fonts) to create a border effect. So you're correct, you can essentially edit a font directly to have a border (or more accurately, to be a border) and then put a solid version of the same text below.

@Sock's method is much cleverer, though!

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

Thanks @Armelline that sounds great - I'm glad to hear it can be done. I'll need to experiment with this method too.