How to publish on Kongregate

gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

Hi guys, I just compiled my game in html5 and registered an account on Kongregate.

In the upload section they ask for "index.html".
Shall I convert my folder anyhow?

Kind regards to all

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

-unzip your html5 zip export file
    - go to index-sample.html rename it to index.html
    - drag the index.html outside the file , and compress the remaining folders
    - go to kongregate upload the html5 and tick " I would like to add additional files to this game " then upload the zip file you compressed. Thats it

Hope it helps

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

@Icebox You Are Epic

@Icebox said:

• go to kongregate upload the html5 and tick " I would like to add additional files to this game " then upload the zip file you compressed. Thats it

So on Kongregate I must not select "Html5/WebGL" but "Flash"? Is it correct?

Have you some published game on Kongregate?

Thanks again!!

Select html5 and yes i did publish a game on kongregate and newgrounds , the steps i gave you should work just fine :)

@Icebox , the procedure you described works great, but the game doesn't work (but it's the game's fault, because trying with my other GS games they work fine on Kongregate now)

The game (published on mobile) is this:
    Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dracoders.bor

App Store: http://apple.co/2hfqdYW

If in the Mac Creator I press HTML5 preview it all works fine, but on Kongregate in the preview remains a black screen (tried with Safari, Firefox and Chrome)

Do you think it's possible that the game is simply too much "big" and something is corrupted? Have you ever had this kind of issue?

Thanks again for your precious help and sorry for this amount of questions!! :blush:

You welcome , its fine , the problem is that the games don't have a proper loading screen so you can never tell if its loading or not. But maybe as you said its just too "big" and it ends up crashing. It also depends on your internet connection. Keep in mind that the html5 engine that GS uses is not like the other engines that build html5 games for web use. You might need to lower the resolution and reduce the assets sometimes for it to load and work.