Uncheck "Moveable" if not needed still beneficial?

Hey guys, our game is nearing completion, and while it runs pretty great I'm going through and doing any optimization I can to ensure best possible gameplay.

I remember a big optimization top being to uncheck moveable if an actor doesn't use it. Wondering if this still has performance benefits or if "can sleep" takes care of that. Just wondering as a have a crazy amount of actors and didn't make a habit of doing this in the creation process. Only wanna do it if its worth doing. Thanks guys.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited February 2017

Yes, it takes the actor out of the physics engine. This reduces the load on the engine. "Can Sleep" is for actors you want in the engine but only interact with other actors periodically, like obstacles in a platformer.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited February 2017

I don't see any difference in performance or with anything , if i have can sleep on or off everything works the same.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@Icebox said:
    I don't see any difference in performance or with anything , if i have can sleep on or off everything works the same.

How busy is your scene? It's not going to have any noticeable difference until the processor is being strained.

• @The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Yes, it takes the actor out of the physics engine. This reduces the load on the engine. "Can Sleep" is for actors you want in the engine but only interact with other actors periodically, like obstacles in a platformer.

Thanks! I've been going through and doing it. My scene is pretty busy and much of the random background actors that are purely cosmetic had their physics turned on. While the game still ran good, every once in a while you'd see some frame drops.