Trying to figure out Soosiz2

Hey Guys,

I am playing around with a Deep Blue Apps template. It is called Soosiz2. I am a bit stumped on how you would add extra elements (score..etc) on the non (HUD) scrollable layer. When I do this they rotate with the camera. Anyone every play around with this template.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

They need to be in the same layer group as the HUD.

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

I tried that, still nothing. It is really odd how it is set up. I am guessing it is that way due to all the camera rotations.

@pHghost said:
    They need to be in the same layer group as the HUD.

edited February 2017

@DeepBlueAppz do you have any insite on this? I can not figure out how you did it.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

If there is already HUD elements in the game, you might need to look at their 'constrain behaviours'. My guess is that for its X and Y positions, it is going to have a equation.
    Thats what you might need to add for every new element to the HUD.
    Just a suggestion.
    Best,

Their is a hud built in for the buttons. (left right and jump) The buttons alpha is set to 0, but they use a graphic overlay for the buttons that are positioned over the buttons.

The buttons have a change attribute ( self.positionY to self.Position.Y + game.UBoffset )

Also the graphic overlay size is 1024 x 786 and code is as follows

Constrain attribute Self.rotation to - scene.Camera.Rotation

I can add extra items to the hud by adding the extra graphics to the overlay onto of the new items.

However, here is where my problem comes in.

Lets say I want to add in a actor that displays my score..... and I create and actor with the same logic. But a soon as I put the alpha to 1 the actor will not stay in place. it rotates with the screen when the main actor moves. This only happens when I make the alpha 1.

stumped...

@Two.E said:
    If there is already HUD elements in the game, you might need to look at their 'constrain behaviours'. My guess is that for its X and Y positions, it is going to have a equation.
    Thats what you might need to add for every new element to the HUD.
    Just a suggestion.
    Best,