Hidden Object Games

Hello. I am trying to make a hidden object game as a school project for a college final. I can across the software while searching and i am just kind of stuck now.

First, i went to GS helper to buy a template, i found out it wasn't compatible (only works with 1.3 or higher gamesalad version).
Second, i have been searching for any tutorials on making this type of game. No luck.
I have made a scene successfully, i can add the object and get them to function how i like.
The problem is....i do not know how to change from scene to scene? How can i get my individual objects to be counted or marked off and after the last one if found, move on to the next scene? How can i incorporate that into my title scene with options to continue or exit the game? Please please please someone walk me through this.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2017

@mismatchedmisfitz said:
    How can i get my individual objects to be counted or marked off and after the last one if found, move on to the next scene?

There are several ways to do this but one way is to give each object actor the following rule:

When Touch is Pressed
         Change Attribute game.foundCount to game.foundCount+1
         Destroy actor

And then in a separate actor in the scene:

When Attribute game.foundCount=8
         Change Scene [scene name]

That's assuming you have 8 objects on that scene.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thank you all soooooo much!