Custom Colision fast and effecient method.

brett-nortonbrett-norton Member, BASIC Posts: 64

Hi all, my goal this week is to have all my actors completed with custom colision shapes.. im using physics editor i have about 80 images to go through. Just wondering what is the best method of approach.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited March 2017

@brett-norton said:
    what is the best method of approach

Blast some mindless drum&bass for rhythm and 3... 2... 1... GO!

• brett-nortonbrett-norton Member, BASIC Posts: 64

Ha Ha so there is no easy way out... i had a feeling that would be the case. the wizard did a pretty good job i was thinking maybe bulk drop them in and hope the wizard does a pretty good job. Just curious as well what is the purpose of a sprite sheet? rather than single images?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@brett-norton said:
    Ha Ha so there is no easy way out... i had a feeling that would be the case. the wizard did a pretty good job i was thinking maybe bulk drop them in and hope the wizard does a pretty good job. Just curious as well what is the purpose of a sprite sheet? rather than single images?

Sprite sheets are generally used to fit more content into a single "texture". So instead of having let's say an animation with 12 individual frames, you can put them in one texture and usually improve performance by reducing the number of images in memory space.

Unfortunately Gamesalad does not allow for sprite sheet import. You can still use sprite sheets for working in, as long as it's easy to separate when exporting for Gamesalad.

Depending on how PE handles them, you might be able to make one large sprite sheet, auto generate the collision data, and the separate the collisions out individually. Not sure on that though.

Follow us: Twitter - Website