GameSalad

Other ways of testing on android? Cant get GS viewer to work.

brett-nortonbrett-norton Posts: 64Member, BASIC

As above, cant seem to get GS Viewer to work but the anoying thing is. I did get it to work once. I was wondering if there is alternative ways of testing to android?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,807Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick

You can actually push the . apk file to your phone and test that way. However, that'll require more work and you'll need to be familiar with how to publish to Android.

• brett-nortonbrett-norton Posts: 64Member, BASIC

Ok i will try that way.. GS Viewer seems too temperamental. Do you know of a link or video to follow?

• BlackCloakBlackCloak Posts: 12Member

Once you get the android tools installed ( i recommend nvidias tegra installer) and the adb driver for your phone. the command is: adb install -r pathToAPK

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,870Member

@brett-norton said:
    Ok i will try that way.. GS Viewer seems too temperamental. Do you know of a link or video to follow?

There are instructions in the cookbook.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,807Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick

Once it's setup, the viewer is the easiest and quickest way to test your game, in my opinion.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 1,890Member

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Once it's setup, the viewer is the easiest and quickest way to test your game, in my opinion.

The viewer works great on Mac and iOS, but have yet to see it working with an Android device, connected to either Mac or PC...