Toque finally makes a "normal" game. Turtle Shell

ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
edited April 2017 in Working with GS (PC)

My latest game. Turtle shell. Just a cute game on a concept I was playing with. Thanks for the great community support as always.......

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turtle-shell/id1200225456?mt=8

Comments

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

I like it, good to see you coming out of your shell...

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@smurfted said:
    I like it, good to see you coming out of your shell...

Witty. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello.

Just got around to playing.
    The intro scene was good. But really needs a skip button. I can feel myself losing interest very quickly.

Not really sure how I am meant to be eating the fish. The tutorial said not to press any buttons, but this only works some of the time. Then I am defending off a shark and a fish also comes by and I can eat it, even though I am trying not be taken.

Glad it has music. Really adds a little something extra.
    The menu and leaderboard button on the game over scene do not work. The only thing I can do is retry.

If I am honest, it's very basic, but I think the animations really helped make it feel a bit more lively. Especially with the different expressions. I think my score is only around 130. I struggle with the controls a bit.
    Good to see another release, and something so different from your last. Good luck with your next project.
    Best,
    Two.E

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Two.E said:
    Hello.

Just got around to playing.
    The intro scene was good. But really needs a skip button. I can feel myself losing interest very quickly.

Not really sure how I am meant to be eating the fish. The tutorial said not to press any buttons, but this only works some of the time. Then I am defending off a shark and a fish also comes by and I can eat it, even though I am trying not be taken.

Glad it has music. Really adds a little something extra.
    The menu and leaderboard button on the game over scene do not work. The only thing I can do is retry.

If I am honest, it's very basic, but I think the animations really helped make it feel a bit more lively. Especially with the different expressions. I think my score is only around 130. I struggle with the controls a bit.
    Good to see another release, and something so different from your last. Good luck with your next project.
    Best,
    Two.E

Appreciate the comments!!

It's no Zelda!
    Cheers
    toque

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

For the controls why not just section the screen into the four buttons so you feel more like he jumps at your finger..

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

I'm with @smurfted - splitting out the controls to be either side of the turtle feels a bit more natural.

Might want to speed up the animations a little (and maybe add a few extra frames) to make them feel a bit more fluid - the bird for example feels a bit slow.

Great concept though, good work.