How to create a nice Destroy animation ? Thanks for you help !

lavoiesvfxlavoiesvfx Member, PRO Posts: 51

Hi guys,
I'm looking around to find a way how to destroy my object when it collides to an object. I like the explode balls style in Buildbox.
Is there any style of destroy animation in GameSalad ? I can't find any.
Thanks for your time !
Here's an example !

Best Answer

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    edited June 2017 Accepted Answer

Here you go, I can't view this file right now, but if I remember correctly an actor hits an obstacle and breaks into pieces - like I say above you just destroy the actor while spawning lots of smaller actors.

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@lavoiesvfx said:
    Hi guys,
    I'm looking around to find a way how to destroy my object when it collides to an object. I like the explode balls style in Buildbox.
    Is there any style of destroy animation in GameSalad ? I can't find any.
    Thanks for your time !
    Here's an example !

This is pretty simple to do . . . when your actor hits the obstacle, destroy your actor and spawn a bunch of smaller 'debris' actors.

Hold on I've probably got an old demo file somewhere . . . I'll be back . . . .

• lavoiesvfxlavoiesvfx Member, PRO Posts: 51

@Socks said:
    Here you go, I can't view this file right now, but if I remember correctly an actor hit's an obstacle and breaks into pieces - like I say above you just destroy the actor while spawning lots of smaller actors.

@Socks
    Cool ! I will try this !
    Thanks !

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I can't see socks demo right now but some people use the particle behavior too

• lavoiesvfxlavoiesvfx Member, PRO Posts: 51

@Toque said:
    I can't see socks demo right now but some people use the particle behaviour too

@Toque
    Yeah I saw a video about that and that's cool too !
    Thanks !